Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Coconut oil beats the bad press
When you hear coconut, you automatically think healthy. After all, it's a fruit right?
But for years coconut oil has had a really bad press as a high-fat food we should all steer clear of. But as the experts are getting more familiar with good and bad cholesterol, it seems the tide has turned for coconut oil.
Coconut Oil: So what's different?
In the past, studies showed that coconut oil was full of saturated fat, a term that immediately rings alarm bells. Saturated fat has traditionally been said to lead to clogged arteries and heart problems. However, more recently the science buffs have said some saturated fats in a balanced diet can create HDL - a'good' cholesterol -and lowers the risk of heart disease. Good news!
Coconut oil is at its best though in its virgin form. When it is hydrogenated – like it is in snack food – it turns into a trans fat, which is a big health no-no. Trans fats are not natural to the body - or nature! - and should generally be avoided.
Give your body a boost with coconut oil
So as well as dropping the fatty reputation, coconut oil has been found to have a range of health benefits. A recent study by the Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland found that treated coconut oil prevented the growth of one of the major causes of tooth decay – the streptococcus bacteria. As around a third of UK adults have tooth decay, it could help loads of us get a nicer smile.
Support your immune system
Although as yet unproven, coconut oil could help the body fight off infection. It contains a natural antibiotic that the body makes itself, called monolaurin, which can ward off infection. Some claim that putting a little coconut oil on cuts and bruises could even make them heal faster. But for its soothing qualities alone coconut oil could be described as a health-booster. A little coconut oil after a tough day makes you feel more restful, relieving stress.
Luxury locks and smoother skin
As coconut oil is full of fat, it is also a great moisturiser. Products packed with the tropical fruit help hair recover from pollution and sun-damage, turning it from brittle to beautiful. The same is true for your skin, with coconut oil providing deep moisturisation to make you silky smooth.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy