Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Crunchy Tahini and Buckwheat Salad
BY SOPHIE LEAVER
HEALTH & WELLBEING WRITER
As we celebrate organic September, this recipe is perfect for a light but interesting dinner with much flavour and texture.
The buckwheat is a high-quality and easily digestible alternative to grains. In Ayurvedic terms, buckwheat is considered to have warming and balancing properties. It’s also great for those looking to limit their intake of grains, as buckwheat is actually from a fruit seed. The chilli and paprika in this recipe have high anti-inflammatory properties and are great for digestion. The coconut oil has a combination of fatty acids that are great for your skin, hair and metabolism. The pumpkin seeds in the salad are also a great source of fats and proteins that will keep you feeling satiated for longer.
1 cup of organic buckwheat
2 tablespoons Fushi organic coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
¼ cup organic dates, chopped
1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped or shredded
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ walnut halves
2 tablespoons tahini
Paprika and chilli flakes
Optional: vegetable stock
Pour the buckwheat into a pot and cover with water, or vegetable stock for extra flavour if you prefer. Bring to boil and cook for about 10 minutes, then drain.
In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil and add the onion and pumpkin seeds. Sautee until the onion softens, then add in the dates and kale and cook for another minute. Take the pan off the heat and mix the buckwheat and walnuts through, and sprinkle with as much chilli and paprika as you like! In a separate bowl, use a fork to whisk together the tahini and the juice of half a lemon. Pour this over as a dressing, and serve warm!
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy