Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Crunchy Tahini and Buckwheat Salad
BY SOPHIE LEAVER
HEALTH & WELLBEING WRITER
As we celebrate organic September, this recipe is perfect for a light but interesting dinner with much flavour and texture.
The buckwheat is a high-quality and easily digestible alternative to grains. In Ayurvedic terms, buckwheat is considered to have warming and balancing properties. It’s also great for those looking to limit their intake of grains, as buckwheat is actually from a fruit seed. The chilli and paprika in this recipe have high anti-inflammatory properties and are great for digestion. The coconut oil has a combination of fatty acids that are great for your skin, hair and metabolism. The pumpkin seeds in the salad are also a great source of fats and proteins that will keep you feeling satiated for longer.
1 cup of organic buckwheat
2 tablespoons Fushi organic coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
¼ cup organic dates, chopped
1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped or shredded
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ walnut halves
2 tablespoons tahini
Paprika and chilli flakes
Optional: vegetable stock
Pour the buckwheat into a pot and cover with water, or vegetable stock for extra flavour if you prefer. Bring to boil and cook for about 10 minutes, then drain.
In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil and add the onion and pumpkin seeds. Sautee until the onion softens, then add in the dates and kale and cook for another minute. Take the pan off the heat and mix the buckwheat and walnuts through, and sprinkle with as much chilli and paprika as you like! In a separate bowl, use a fork to whisk together the tahini and the juice of half a lemon. Pour this over as a dressing, and serve warm!
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)