Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Crunchy Tahini and Buckwheat Salad
BY SOPHIE LEAVER
HEALTH & WELLBEING WRITER
As we celebrate organic September, this recipe is perfect for a light but interesting dinner with much flavour and texture.
The buckwheat is a high-quality and easily digestible alternative to grains. In Ayurvedic terms, buckwheat is considered to have warming and balancing properties. It’s also great for those looking to limit their intake of grains, as buckwheat is actually from a fruit seed. The chilli and paprika in this recipe have high anti-inflammatory properties and are great for digestion. The coconut oil has a combination of fatty acids that are great for your skin, hair and metabolism. The pumpkin seeds in the salad are also a great source of fats and proteins that will keep you feeling satiated for longer.
1 cup of organic buckwheat
2 tablespoons Fushi organic coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
¼ cup organic dates, chopped
1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped or shredded
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ walnut halves
2 tablespoons tahini
Paprika and chilli flakes
Optional: vegetable stock
Pour the buckwheat into a pot and cover with water, or vegetable stock for extra flavour if you prefer. Bring to boil and cook for about 10 minutes, then drain.
In a frying pan, heat the coconut oil and add the onion and pumpkin seeds. Sautee until the onion softens, then add in the dates and kale and cook for another minute. Take the pan off the heat and mix the buckwheat and walnuts through, and sprinkle with as much chilli and paprika as you like! In a separate bowl, use a fork to whisk together the tahini and the juice of half a lemon. Pour this over as a dressing, and serve warm!
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)