Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Damiana: the natural aphrodisiac
Little-known damiana is a small shrub native to Texas in America.
In its natural form, damiana is said to have a strong spice-like odour and has been compared to chamomile.
Although it is relatively small in size, its health and psychological benefits are large, owing to the multitude of essential oils present in the plant.
Damiana is definitely most famed for its libido-boosting properties.
The native people of Mexico, including the Mayan Indians, have used the leaves as an aphrodisiac for centuries.
It is thought that the herb not only increases libido, it also enhances sexual pleasure for both men and women - and is still to this day prescribed in Mexico as a mood-enhancing medicine.
A study performed in 2009 by Mexico's National Institute of Psychiatry supports the long-established belief that damiana is an aphrodisiac.
"This pro-sexual effect is attributed to the mechanism of action of compounds called flavonoids, which are found in damiana leaf," explained health specialist Mia Paul.
Some have even said that regular use of damiana has helped them perform longer in the bedroom.
If that doesn't float your boat, damiana is also thought to have other psychological benefits.
As well as getting you in the mood for love, it can also get you in the mood for some serious relaxation.
The two species used in herbal healing - Turnera aphrodisiaca and Turnera diffusa - which are thought to relieve anxiety and nervousness, and sometimes even mild depression
Damiana is thought to be particularly effective in curing anxiety if the root of the problem is a sexual one.
Because of the essential oils present in the plant, it is thought that damiana is great at keeping your immune system healthy and able to fight illnesses that may attack.It has been used traditionally to improve the digestive system, especially as a tool to treat constipation.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Sleep Valerian & Skullcap Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Breathe Elecampane & Liquorice Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Female Dong Quai & Chasteberry Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml20% OFFAs low as £16.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.