Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Damiana: the natural aphrodisiac
Little-known damiana is a small shrub native to Texas in America.
In its natural form, damiana is said to have a strong spice-like odour and has been compared to chamomile.
Although it is relatively small in size, its health and psychological benefits are large, owing to the multitude of essential oils present in the plant.
Damiana is definitely most famed for its libido-boosting properties.
The native people of Mexico, including the Mayan Indians, have used the leaves as an aphrodisiac for centuries.
It is thought that the herb not only increases libido, it also enhances sexual pleasure for both men and women - and is still to this day prescribed in Mexico as a mood-enhancing medicine.
A study performed in 2009 by Mexico's National Institute of Psychiatry supports the long-established belief that damiana is an aphrodisiac.
"This pro-sexual effect is attributed to the mechanism of action of compounds called flavonoids, which are found in damiana leaf," explained health specialist Mia Paul.
Some have even said that regular use of damiana has helped them perform longer in the bedroom.
If that doesn't float your boat, damiana is also thought to have other psychological benefits.
As well as getting you in the mood for love, it can also get you in the mood for some serious relaxation.
The two species used in herbal healing - Turnera aphrodisiaca and Turnera diffusa - which are thought to relieve anxiety and nervousness, and sometimes even mild depression
Damiana is thought to be particularly effective in curing anxiety if the root of the problem is a sexual one.
Because of the essential oils present in the plant, it is thought that damiana is great at keeping your immune system healthy and able to fight illnesses that may attack.It has been used traditionally to improve the digestive system, especially as a tool to treat constipation.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Sleep Valerian & Skullcap Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Breathe Elecampane & Liquorice Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Female Dong Quai & Chasteberry Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml20% OFFAs low as £16.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Immune Astragalus & Echinacea Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy