Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Do your hands give your age away?
We all concentrate on our face and body in the battle to stay looking youthful, but how many of us ensure that our hands mirror the rest of our look?
It's a little known fact that hands give away our age, so instead of letting them deceive us, let's ensure that they stay as young as possible too.
Massage with argan oil
If treated properly, hands can be one of the most beautiful parts of our body.
However, some of the beauty is taken away when our hands become dry and thirsty.
It's no surprise that they suffer when one considers that the average person washes their hands 15 times a day - each time taking out a little bit of moisture and adding a wrinkle or two.
Argan oil should be applied after washing hands, as not only is it packed full of fatty acids that are rich in moisture (healing the broken skin), but it's also full of wrinkle-fighting antioxidants such as Vitamins C and E.
After a lifetime of washing, the skin on our hands can be broken down and give away our age.
However, argan oil can rebuild the broken cells.
According to Sally Penford, education manager at the International Dermal Institute, it can "rebuild your barrier lipids".
"Argan oil, which is Moroccan oil that people are using for their hair, is also fantastic for your skin and is great for rebuilding the barrier of your skin overnight," she said.
Massage with sweet almond oil
Almond oil has a whole host of benefits for ageing hands.
Firstly, it can rewind the effects of sun damage, owing to its high vitamin E content.
Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that protects the skin, as well as helping to decrease the signs of lines and wrinkles.
Secondly, thanks to its light texture, almond oil is easily absorbed into the skin, making it a more beneficial moisturiser than many on the high street.
Because of it is completely natural; it is even perfect for sore hands or those with eczema.
Almond oil also contains the mineral zinc, which is important for healing scars and blemishes - as well as turning back the signs of ageing.
Remember not to leave out your nails when you massage!
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Pure MCT Coconut Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed (Organic)50% OFFSpecial Price £5.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks