Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Do your hands give your age away?
We all concentrate on our face and body in the battle to stay looking youthful, but how many of us ensure that our hands mirror the rest of our look?
It's a little known fact that hands give away our age, so instead of letting them deceive us, let's ensure that they stay as young as possible too.
Massage with argan oil
If treated properly, hands can be one of the most beautiful parts of our body.
However, some of the beauty is taken away when our hands become dry and thirsty.
It's no surprise that they suffer when one considers that the average person washes their hands 15 times a day - each time taking out a little bit of moisture and adding a wrinkle or two.
Argan oil should be applied after washing hands, as not only is it packed full of fatty acids that are rich in moisture (healing the broken skin), but it's also full of wrinkle-fighting antioxidants such as Vitamins C and E.
After a lifetime of washing, the skin on our hands can be broken down and give away our age.
However, argan oil can rebuild the broken cells.
According to Sally Penford, education manager at the International Dermal Institute, it can "rebuild your barrier lipids".
"Argan oil, which is Moroccan oil that people are using for their hair, is also fantastic for your skin and is great for rebuilding the barrier of your skin overnight," she said.
Massage with sweet almond oil
Almond oil has a whole host of benefits for ageing hands.
Firstly, it can rewind the effects of sun damage, owing to its high vitamin E content.
Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that protects the skin, as well as helping to decrease the signs of lines and wrinkles.
Secondly, thanks to its light texture, almond oil is easily absorbed into the skin, making it a more beneficial moisturiser than many on the high street.
Because of it is completely natural; it is even perfect for sore hands or those with eczema.
Almond oil also contains the mineral zinc, which is important for healing scars and blemishes - as well as turning back the signs of ageing.
Remember not to leave out your nails when you massage!
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.