Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Does Jessie J need hair loss treatment?
We've all had bad hair days, but unlike celebrities, if our tresses are giving us grief we can at least put on a hat and get on with things.
But it seems Jessie J could be in need of hair loss treatment as her love of quirky beauty looks is leading her locks to split and fall out.
The Price Tag singer told US Glamour magazine that she is using artificial hair to ensure her natural barnet recovers from all the products and styling tools she uses to make it look glossy and poker straight.
"A hairdresser who did my hair said, 'You, my darling, have something that we call successful hair', which is basically battered hair that's split and falling out in the back because you've had to blow-dry it every day," she told the publication.
"It's so tough to explain to people. When you have half an hour to be ready at four o'clock in the morning, you don't have time to get up and glue in extensions or blow-dry your hair.
"I don't want my hair falling out, so I wear wigs!"
Overuse of heated styling tools like straighteners, curling tongs and hairdryers can lead to hair damage, which often involves breakage, frizziness and split ends. If you like the effects such styling tools give but want to maintain your hair's health, try using herbal oils to strengthen tresses.
Argan oil is known for its restorative properties and can be used to boost vitality when applied to the roots and tips once or twice a week - or more often if your tresses need it.
Lavender oil is another product that's great for the scalp. It promotes hair growth and heals itchy or damaged skin on the head, while peppermint oil is known to stimulate blood circulation and can help replace dry, damaged hair.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks