Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Ease back pain in three simple steps
Back pain is a common problem as people get older and persistent discomfort can hinder quality of life.
If this happens, it is important that you know how to tackle the condition.
Luckily there are three simple steps you can take to ensure your back returns to normal as soon as possible.
One of the biggest mistakes people make when their back starts to hurt is to stop moving altogether. This isn't helpful, as it causes muscles to stiffen and seize up, making the condition even worse than when it started.
Therefore, you should always try to do some gentle exercises to loosen up your back and yoga is a great place to start.
A recent study at the University of York has shown that specialised group yoga classes can improve outcomes for patients with back problems.
Chief investigator Dr David Torgerson commented: "Back pain represents a significant burden to the NHS in the UK and to society as a whole. As well as the associated health care costs, it is also a major cause of work absenteeism, which leads to a productivity loss to society."
Yoga is a great, gentle exercise, which also promotes positive wellbeing and reduces stress. This will ensure that your body is back in working order as soon as possible.
Yoga goes hand in hand with relaxation and if you have back pain it is vital that you loosen your muscles. The more you worry, the more likely you are to build up tension in your back.
Even though you may be in pain, try to stay positive and take time each day to unwind. This may mean having a warm bath filled with relaxing lavender oils, or simply having some fun with friends.
Hot and cold
Hot and cold treatments can help to ease back pain and many people choose to put a warm water bottle against the effective area to relax the muscles. Ice packs are also thought to bring relief, taking down any inflammation. However, it is important to wrap up the pack and bottle, as you shouldn't apply a hot or cold item directly to the skin.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy