Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Ease back pain in three simple steps
Back pain is a common problem as people get older and persistent discomfort can hinder quality of life.
If this happens, it is important that you know how to tackle the condition.
Luckily there are three simple steps you can take to ensure your back returns to normal as soon as possible.
One of the biggest mistakes people make when their back starts to hurt is to stop moving altogether. This isn't helpful, as it causes muscles to stiffen and seize up, making the condition even worse than when it started.
Therefore, you should always try to do some gentle exercises to loosen up your back and yoga is a great place to start.
A recent study at the University of York has shown that specialised group yoga classes can improve outcomes for patients with back problems.
Chief investigator Dr David Torgerson commented: "Back pain represents a significant burden to the NHS in the UK and to society as a whole. As well as the associated health care costs, it is also a major cause of work absenteeism, which leads to a productivity loss to society."
Yoga is a great, gentle exercise, which also promotes positive wellbeing and reduces stress. This will ensure that your body is back in working order as soon as possible.
Yoga goes hand in hand with relaxation and if you have back pain it is vital that you loosen your muscles. The more you worry, the more likely you are to build up tension in your back.
Even though you may be in pain, try to stay positive and take time each day to unwind. This may mean having a warm bath filled with relaxing lavender oils, or simply having some fun with friends.
Hot and cold
Hot and cold treatments can help to ease back pain and many people choose to put a warm water bottle against the effective area to relax the muscles. Ice packs are also thought to bring relief, taking down any inflammation. However, it is important to wrap up the pack and bottle, as you shouldn't apply a hot or cold item directly to the skin.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.