Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Easy shiny hair tips for a night out
Nothing makes a woman feel better than having super-sleek, glossy hair on a night out.
It's always the case, however, that you leave with every strand perfectly in place and then look in the mirror when you get out to see it all over the place!
Try these tips to keep your hair looking gorgeously shiny all night.
Andrew Barton, 4Beauty expert, recommends head massage to keep your hair shiny.
"Gentle scalp massage will stimulate the blood supply to the hair follicle, bringing it nutrition and helping increase hair growth," he explains.
"The more we can do to help the follicle secrete oil and push out the hair, the better. You'll get better results in the evening, so before you go to bed each night, spend a couple of minutes gently rotating your fingertips around, massaging the scalp."
It's a great idea to do this the night before the big night, or just before you go out.
Coconut oil uses natural nutrition to make your hair shiny and glossy.
It's super-fatty content makes it a great moisturiser for your hair.
Because of this, it's great on the ends of your hair, as those are the parts that are normally the driest.
Make sure not to put too much on though, as its super-moisturising properties could make your hair less 'chic', and more 'greasy'.
Put a bit in your bag for in case your hair gets frizzy in the heat.
Obviously conditioner is an absolute must for a frizz-free night out.
Deep conditioners, especially oily ones, are especially beneficial for coloured hair, which has more of the natural moisture taken out.
Whatever your hair type, conditioner adds to the natural moisture and gives shine, spring and intensity - perfect for a night of turning heads!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks