Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat ’real food’ to lose weight
Making the decision to lose weight is an important first step towards a healthier lifestyle, but knowing what to do next can be difficult.
Everybody knows that a healthy diet is integral to weight loss, but people struggle to know which foods they can eat. It is also hard to find foods that fill you up.
Roz Watkins, owner of the Enlighten Programme, advises that to lose weight people must "get in touch with their own hunger and fullness signals" and "eat fresh, real foods".
But just what exactly are these real foods?
If you're trying to drop a few pounds you must have foods in your diet that fill you up. Black beans are one such food and are filled with 15 grams of protein. What's more, they don't contain saturated fat common in many protein sources.
While avocados contain fat, it is a good fat. The fruit boasts oleic acid, which is found in monounsaturated fats and can help to quiet hunger.
A functioning digestive system is vital for losing weight and to achieve this the body needs lots of fibre. Oats are rich in this vital ingredient and contains Resistant Starch, which boosts the metabolism and burns fat.
Fish is another great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep the body healthy.
If you have no other fruit in your diet you must have grapefruit. It is known to lower insulin, which encourages the body to store fat. What's more, it made up of 90 per cent water, so you can get full on fewer calories.
Salad is the perfect food for dropping a few pounds, as it's filling and filled with vitamins C and E, folic acid, lucopene and carotenoids. Many ingredients of salad, such as lettuce, also have antioxidant properties, which help to fight off diseases and give the skin a boost in the mean time.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.