Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat ’real food’ to lose weight
Making the decision to lose weight is an important first step towards a healthier lifestyle, but knowing what to do next can be difficult.
Everybody knows that a healthy diet is integral to weight loss, but people struggle to know which foods they can eat. It is also hard to find foods that fill you up.
Roz Watkins, owner of the Enlighten Programme, advises that to lose weight people must "get in touch with their own hunger and fullness signals" and "eat fresh, real foods".
But just what exactly are these real foods?
If you're trying to drop a few pounds you must have foods in your diet that fill you up. Black beans are one such food and are filled with 15 grams of protein. What's more, they don't contain saturated fat common in many protein sources.
While avocados contain fat, it is a good fat. The fruit boasts oleic acid, which is found in monounsaturated fats and can help to quiet hunger.
A functioning digestive system is vital for losing weight and to achieve this the body needs lots of fibre. Oats are rich in this vital ingredient and contains Resistant Starch, which boosts the metabolism and burns fat.
Fish is another great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep the body healthy.
If you have no other fruit in your diet you must have grapefruit. It is known to lower insulin, which encourages the body to store fat. What's more, it made up of 90 per cent water, so you can get full on fewer calories.
Salad is the perfect food for dropping a few pounds, as it's filling and filled with vitamins C and E, folic acid, lucopene and carotenoids. Many ingredients of salad, such as lettuce, also have antioxidant properties, which help to fight off diseases and give the skin a boost in the mean time.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks