Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat ’real food’ to lose weight
Making the decision to lose weight is an important first step towards a healthier lifestyle, but knowing what to do next can be difficult.
Everybody knows that a healthy diet is integral to weight loss, but people struggle to know which foods they can eat. It is also hard to find foods that fill you up.
Roz Watkins, owner of the Enlighten Programme, advises that to lose weight people must "get in touch with their own hunger and fullness signals" and "eat fresh, real foods".
But just what exactly are these real foods?
If you're trying to drop a few pounds you must have foods in your diet that fill you up. Black beans are one such food and are filled with 15 grams of protein. What's more, they don't contain saturated fat common in many protein sources.
While avocados contain fat, it is a good fat. The fruit boasts oleic acid, which is found in monounsaturated fats and can help to quiet hunger.
A functioning digestive system is vital for losing weight and to achieve this the body needs lots of fibre. Oats are rich in this vital ingredient and contains Resistant Starch, which boosts the metabolism and burns fat.
Fish is another great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep the body healthy.
If you have no other fruit in your diet you must have grapefruit. It is known to lower insulin, which encourages the body to store fat. What's more, it made up of 90 per cent water, so you can get full on fewer calories.
Salad is the perfect food for dropping a few pounds, as it's filling and filled with vitamins C and E, folic acid, lucopene and carotenoids. Many ingredients of salad, such as lettuce, also have antioxidant properties, which help to fight off diseases and give the skin a boost in the mean time.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.