Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat ’real food’ to lose weight
Making the decision to lose weight is an important first step towards a healthier lifestyle, but knowing what to do next can be difficult.
Everybody knows that a healthy diet is integral to weight loss, but people struggle to know which foods they can eat. It is also hard to find foods that fill you up.
Roz Watkins, owner of the Enlighten Programme, advises that to lose weight people must "get in touch with their own hunger and fullness signals" and "eat fresh, real foods".
But just what exactly are these real foods?
If you're trying to drop a few pounds you must have foods in your diet that fill you up. Black beans are one such food and are filled with 15 grams of protein. What's more, they don't contain saturated fat common in many protein sources.
While avocados contain fat, it is a good fat. The fruit boasts oleic acid, which is found in monounsaturated fats and can help to quiet hunger.
A functioning digestive system is vital for losing weight and to achieve this the body needs lots of fibre. Oats are rich in this vital ingredient and contains Resistant Starch, which boosts the metabolism and burns fat.
Fish is another great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep the body healthy.
If you have no other fruit in your diet you must have grapefruit. It is known to lower insulin, which encourages the body to store fat. What's more, it made up of 90 per cent water, so you can get full on fewer calories.
Salad is the perfect food for dropping a few pounds, as it's filling and filled with vitamins C and E, folic acid, lucopene and carotenoids. Many ingredients of salad, such as lettuce, also have antioxidant properties, which help to fight off diseases and give the skin a boost in the mean time.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)