Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat ’real food’ to lose weight
Making the decision to lose weight is an important first step towards a healthier lifestyle, but knowing what to do next can be difficult.
Everybody knows that a healthy diet is integral to weight loss, but people struggle to know which foods they can eat. It is also hard to find foods that fill you up.
Roz Watkins, owner of the Enlighten Programme, advises that to lose weight people must "get in touch with their own hunger and fullness signals" and "eat fresh, real foods".
But just what exactly are these real foods?
If you're trying to drop a few pounds you must have foods in your diet that fill you up. Black beans are one such food and are filled with 15 grams of protein. What's more, they don't contain saturated fat common in many protein sources.
While avocados contain fat, it is a good fat. The fruit boasts oleic acid, which is found in monounsaturated fats and can help to quiet hunger.
A functioning digestive system is vital for losing weight and to achieve this the body needs lots of fibre. Oats are rich in this vital ingredient and contains Resistant Starch, which boosts the metabolism and burns fat.
Fish is another great source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to keep the body healthy.
If you have no other fruit in your diet you must have grapefruit. It is known to lower insulin, which encourages the body to store fat. What's more, it made up of 90 per cent water, so you can get full on fewer calories.
Salad is the perfect food for dropping a few pounds, as it's filling and filled with vitamins C and E, folic acid, lucopene and carotenoids. Many ingredients of salad, such as lettuce, also have antioxidant properties, which help to fight off diseases and give the skin a boost in the mean time.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy