Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Eat your way to better sleep
Most people will go through a period in their life where they have difficulty getting to sleep.
For those who can't nod off, it can become a real source of panic. Sometimes people will find themselves nervous, agitated and anxious in both the day time and before bed.
If you're getting worried about your sleeping patterns, then fear not!
First and foremost, remember that this is perfectly normal, and can often be fixed through lifestyle or dietary changes.
Many people find it helpful to amend their eating habits and dietary choices. Food can impact every part of our life, including sleep.
Finding it hard to get your 40 winks is often down to anxiety.
People find themselves tossing and turning at night, going over the stresses of the day or the worries of tomorrow.
Dairy has been known to help calm you, especially before bed.
"Calcium is effective in stress reduction and stabilisation of nerve fibres, including those in the brain," says Dr. Dalton-Smith.
Try a glass of milk or some Greek yoghurt to forget the trivialities of the day and snooze your way into tomorrow.
Fishing for a dream
The majority of fish is packed with vitamin B6 - the little substance that makes melatonin (a sleep-inducing hormone triggered by darkness).
Many specialists recommend having something like salmon for your dinner, turning the lights off and just letting the sleep take over.
Bananas, well-known for being rich in potassium, are also a good source of Vitamin B6.
They also contain tryptophan, which converts to serotin - the brains key calmer, ideal for restless sleepers.
Plop a 'nana on your bedside table to ensure you wolf one down before bed time.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy