Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fairtrade products you can easily switch to
If you were to take a blindfold test that involved eating a Fairtrade product and a non-Fairtrade product, it's likely that you would not be able to tell the difference.
The reason for this is that - unlike organic food, which is grown differently to avoid the use of any unnatural products and can taste different - Fairtrade food is grown the same, so largely has an identical taste.
The difference is the way it is procured - Fairtrade food places a key focus on getting better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world, and this applies to every single product.
Furthermore, it is easy to switch to Fairtrade food, as it is widely available, with many variants ensuring that you don't have to radically alter your shopping habits. Here are some Fairtrade products you can easily switch to:
Everybody's favourite treat is available in Fairtrade format, and the fact that it is packed full alkaloids, theobromine and phenethylamine, which are all beneficial to humans, means that there is no harm in indulging occasionally. It is not only limited to bars of chocolate, as Fairtrade cocoa is used in a host of products, from brownies, ice cream and cereal bars to cakes, biscuits and cookies, giving people plenty of different ways to indulge.
The proliferation of coffee and coffee shops has been extraordinary in recent years, so much so that coffee has become an essential part of most people's mornings. Having Fairtrade coffee ensures that you can take extra enjoyment knowing it was purchased ethically. As 25 million small holder farmers produce 80% of the world’s coffee, with most living in remote areas and vulnerable to the volatile market price for coffee, Fairtrade guarantees them a minimum price and links farms directly with buyers.
Fairtrade bananas have been commonplace for years, but the Fairtrade fruit family now extends to a vast array of products. As well as oranges and apples, there are lemons, plums, pineapples, grapes and a whole host of other options, ensuring your fruit bowl can remain full to the brim. All farmers and workers who grow Fairtrade fruit get a fair price for their products, as well as an extra premium to spend on the things they decide their communities need, which provides added peace of mind.
As with fruit, Fairtrade vegetables are becoming much more commonplace, thanks largely to efforts in Kenya that have spread to other areas of the world and ensure that the farmers who produce everything from green beans to beansprouts are fairly compensated. In addition, as consumers demand more Fairtrade vegetables and if producers wish to supply them, the standard could be extended to other vegetables such as baby corn, fresh chilli and broccoli in the near future.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy