Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fairtrade products you can easily switch to
If you were to take a blindfold test that involved eating a Fairtrade product and a non-Fairtrade product, it's likely that you would not be able to tell the difference.
The reason for this is that - unlike organic food, which is grown differently to avoid the use of any unnatural products and can taste different - Fairtrade food is grown the same, so largely has an identical taste.
The difference is the way it is procured - Fairtrade food places a key focus on getting better prices, decent working conditions, local sustainability, and fair terms of trade for farmers and workers in the developing world, and this applies to every single product.
Furthermore, it is easy to switch to Fairtrade food, as it is widely available, with many variants ensuring that you don't have to radically alter your shopping habits. Here are some Fairtrade products you can easily switch to:
Everybody's favourite treat is available in Fairtrade format, and the fact that it is packed full alkaloids, theobromine and phenethylamine, which are all beneficial to humans, means that there is no harm in indulging occasionally. It is not only limited to bars of chocolate, as Fairtrade cocoa is used in a host of products, from brownies, ice cream and cereal bars to cakes, biscuits and cookies, giving people plenty of different ways to indulge.
The proliferation of coffee and coffee shops has been extraordinary in recent years, so much so that coffee has become an essential part of most people's mornings. Having Fairtrade coffee ensures that you can take extra enjoyment knowing it was purchased ethically. As 25 million small holder farmers produce 80% of the world’s coffee, with most living in remote areas and vulnerable to the volatile market price for coffee, Fairtrade guarantees them a minimum price and links farms directly with buyers.
Fairtrade bananas have been commonplace for years, but the Fairtrade fruit family now extends to a vast array of products. As well as oranges and apples, there are lemons, plums, pineapples, grapes and a whole host of other options, ensuring your fruit bowl can remain full to the brim. All farmers and workers who grow Fairtrade fruit get a fair price for their products, as well as an extra premium to spend on the things they decide their communities need, which provides added peace of mind.
As with fruit, Fairtrade vegetables are becoming much more commonplace, thanks largely to efforts in Kenya that have spread to other areas of the world and ensure that the farmers who produce everything from green beans to beansprouts are fairly compensated. In addition, as consumers demand more Fairtrade vegetables and if producers wish to supply them, the standard could be extended to other vegetables such as baby corn, fresh chilli and broccoli in the near future.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.