Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fast track to a slimmer you in 2013
With a new year just around the corner, there’s no time like the present to make some real life changes and fast track your way to a slimmer and healthier you.
There’s no need to go crazy when it comes to losing weight, in fact, quite the contrary.
Indeed, going on a crash diet will not help you lose weight in the long term, you will simply put the weight back on when the diet ends.
"The key to losing weight at any time is having a positive mental approach. Rather than thinking of going on a diet - which is a temporary thing and invariably carries impressions of deprivation and battles of will - think about making real changes to your lifestyle, which will bring about better health and more energy, as well as weight loss,” Ann Finnemore, hypnotherapist and life coach advised.
There are a few life style changes that you can make for 2013 for a slimmer you.
Cut the sugar
Lots of sugar can seriously add to a weight gain.
Charlotte Watts, a nutritional therapist, explains the science behind a sugar-induced weight loss.
“Sudden excess sugar hitting our bloodstreams means we need to produce high levels of insulin in response,” she said.
"As insulin tends to make us store fat rather than burn it as energy, this can create overweight tendencies.”
Don’t eat after 8pm
Everyone knows that eating late at night helps you to put on weight, so to avoid eating late some tips are: brushing your teeth early so that food won’t taste as nice, drink herbal tea to occupy your mouth and hands, as well as changing your dinner routine to ensure that you eat at an earlier time.
If you work late hours, make sure that you have a healthy meal prepared that you can just whack in the oven when you get home.
Alcohol is full of calories – a small glass of Bailey’s has over 300 calories!
There’s no time like post-Christmas to decide to cut down on the alcohol. Not only will this help you lose weight, you’ll probably have a much clearer head on a Saturday morning.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy