Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fast track to a slimmer you in 2013
With a new year just around the corner, there’s no time like the present to make some real life changes and fast track your way to a slimmer and healthier you.
There’s no need to go crazy when it comes to losing weight, in fact, quite the contrary.
Indeed, going on a crash diet will not help you lose weight in the long term, you will simply put the weight back on when the diet ends.
"The key to losing weight at any time is having a positive mental approach. Rather than thinking of going on a diet - which is a temporary thing and invariably carries impressions of deprivation and battles of will - think about making real changes to your lifestyle, which will bring about better health and more energy, as well as weight loss,” Ann Finnemore, hypnotherapist and life coach advised.
There are a few life style changes that you can make for 2013 for a slimmer you.
Cut the sugar
Lots of sugar can seriously add to a weight gain.
Charlotte Watts, a nutritional therapist, explains the science behind a sugar-induced weight loss.
“Sudden excess sugar hitting our bloodstreams means we need to produce high levels of insulin in response,” she said.
"As insulin tends to make us store fat rather than burn it as energy, this can create overweight tendencies.”
Don’t eat after 8pm
Everyone knows that eating late at night helps you to put on weight, so to avoid eating late some tips are: brushing your teeth early so that food won’t taste as nice, drink herbal tea to occupy your mouth and hands, as well as changing your dinner routine to ensure that you eat at an earlier time.
If you work late hours, make sure that you have a healthy meal prepared that you can just whack in the oven when you get home.
Alcohol is full of calories – a small glass of Bailey’s has over 300 calories!
There’s no time like post-Christmas to decide to cut down on the alcohol. Not only will this help you lose weight, you’ll probably have a much clearer head on a Saturday morning.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.