Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fennel Water for Colic Babies and Infants
More and more mothers have begun to use Fennel Water as a herbal remedy to ease colic babies.
Colic is a common occurrence that usually affects babies in the first few weeks of their lives, but can go on for about four or possibly five months. It can affect as many as 30% of newborns, and is characterised be excessive and prolonged crying, as well as the baby may clench its fists, hold its body rigid and may wear an expression of total discomfort. The cause of colic is not known, but abdominal discomfort is believed to contribute to this condition.
Commonly experienced symptoms of a Colic baby are:-
- Intensity of crying. Your baby’s face is red and flushed, the crying is intense and furious, and there is little or nothing you can do to comfort them.
- Body posture.ÿYour baby may clench their fists, draw up their knees, or arch their back.
- Symptoms occur around the same time each day or night, often after meal times, and usually ending as abruptly as they began
- Shows signs of gas discomfort and abdominal bloating
- Experiences frequent sleeplessness, irritability and fussiness
Herbal medicines have been known to treat Colicky babies, especially to calm and reduce gas in the digestive tract.ÿ Fennel, Licorice, Lemon Balm, Chamomile are all herbs that have shown to produce some effectiveness in relieving the colic symptoms. Studies show that small quantities of herbs such as Fennel can safely and effectively relieve colic symptoms in babies.
Fennel Seed has become most popular herbal remedy for colic babies and is often used to help relieve colic symptoms by many mothers. It is recommended as a home remedy, as it is completely natural. Fennel water can be made usually by soaking some Fennel seeds in water, about a small teaspoon or so, in about a mug of hot water and left overnight. Alternatively you can buy ready made Fennel water such as Fushi’s organic Fennel water that is ready for immediate use for the baby.
Usually dosage depends on the age of the baby, but Fushi’s organic Fennel water recommends between 1 to 5 drops in a feeding bottle to help ease colic and digestive upset.
Massage is also known to help with easing Colic conditions, if particularly the colic is has been caused byÿ gas formation. A very gentle tummy massage can be beneficial, but take care to follow the right instructions, be gentle and follow circular motion around the navel. This may help in the release of gas and the baby may feel more comfortable. And of course burping after every meal is most beneficial as it helps to reduce the amount of air the baby is taking in.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks