Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fennel Water for Colic Babies and Infants
More and more mothers have begun to use Fennel Water as a herbal remedy to ease colic babies.
Colic is a common occurrence that usually affects babies in the first few weeks of their lives, but can go on for about four or possibly five months. It can affect as many as 30% of newborns, and is characterised be excessive and prolonged crying, as well as the baby may clench its fists, hold its body rigid and may wear an expression of total discomfort. The cause of colic is not known, but abdominal discomfort is believed to contribute to this condition.
Commonly experienced symptoms of a Colic baby are:-
- Intensity of crying. Your baby’s face is red and flushed, the crying is intense and furious, and there is little or nothing you can do to comfort them.
- Body posture.ÿYour baby may clench their fists, draw up their knees, or arch their back.
- Symptoms occur around the same time each day or night, often after meal times, and usually ending as abruptly as they began
- Shows signs of gas discomfort and abdominal bloating
- Experiences frequent sleeplessness, irritability and fussiness
Herbal medicines have been known to treat Colicky babies, especially to calm and reduce gas in the digestive tract.ÿ Fennel, Licorice, Lemon Balm, Chamomile are all herbs that have shown to produce some effectiveness in relieving the colic symptoms. Studies show that small quantities of herbs such as Fennel can safely and effectively relieve colic symptoms in babies.
Fennel Seed has become most popular herbal remedy for colic babies and is often used to help relieve colic symptoms by many mothers. It is recommended as a home remedy, as it is completely natural. Fennel water can be made usually by soaking some Fennel seeds in water, about a small teaspoon or so, in about a mug of hot water and left overnight. Alternatively you can buy ready made Fennel water such as Fushi’s organic Fennel water that is ready for immediate use for the baby.
Usually dosage depends on the age of the baby, but Fushi’s organic Fennel water recommends between 1 to 5 drops in a feeding bottle to help ease colic and digestive upset.
Massage is also known to help with easing Colic conditions, if particularly the colic is has been caused byÿ gas formation. A very gentle tummy massage can be beneficial, but take care to follow the right instructions, be gentle and follow circular motion around the navel. This may help in the release of gas and the baby may feel more comfortable. And of course burping after every meal is most beneficial as it helps to reduce the amount of air the baby is taking in.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.