Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fight the work back ache
How many times have you heard somebody complain about having a bad back after a long day at work?
It seems that working hard is synonymous with getting aches and pains, especially when it's a really stressful period at work. Back ache comes when we least need it, and affects our performance on a secondary basis.
Research has revealed that 51 per cent of people working have suffered from back ache in the last 12 months.
Because of this sky-high figure, many individuals rely on strong, chemical-filled pain relief to help alleviate their back ache.
Before reaching for the aspirin, there are some natural things that you can try that prevent the back ache in its tracks.
Take a break
When people sit at a desk all day, they are exposing themselves to the potential threat of back ache.
Cabella Lowe, professional head of physiotherapy at Nuffield Health, explains the risks of sitting still all day.
"Even if you've got a really good work station set up and a great chair, if you're not moving about your spine is at risk," she says.
She advises workers to get up and take a break every half an hour or so. Even if this is simply walking to get a glass of water, or getting up to speak to a colleague instead of emailing them, it is all beneficial.
This gentle exercise has been known to help many with the problem of back ache.
It stretches muscles that may have seized up in the day due to a lack of exercise.
"A lot of the postures do engage the core muscles, which are the tiny muscles around the spine which keep the spine moving properly and supported in everyday activities," Ms Lowe says.
Working at a desk all day often goes hand in hand with a lack of exercise, so yoga is also a great way for workers to put fitness back on the menu. It is enjoyable, easy and flexible - meaning individuals are more likely to do it on a daily basis.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy