Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Fight the work back ache
How many times have you heard somebody complain about having a bad back after a long day at work?
It seems that working hard is synonymous with getting aches and pains, especially when it's a really stressful period at work. Back ache comes when we least need it, and affects our performance on a secondary basis.
Research has revealed that 51 per cent of people working have suffered from back ache in the last 12 months.
Because of this sky-high figure, many individuals rely on strong, chemical-filled pain relief to help alleviate their back ache.
Before reaching for the aspirin, there are some natural things that you can try that prevent the back ache in its tracks.
Take a break
When people sit at a desk all day, they are exposing themselves to the potential threat of back ache.
Cabella Lowe, professional head of physiotherapy at Nuffield Health, explains the risks of sitting still all day.
"Even if you've got a really good work station set up and a great chair, if you're not moving about your spine is at risk," she says.
She advises workers to get up and take a break every half an hour or so. Even if this is simply walking to get a glass of water, or getting up to speak to a colleague instead of emailing them, it is all beneficial.
This gentle exercise has been known to help many with the problem of back ache.
It stretches muscles that may have seized up in the day due to a lack of exercise.
"A lot of the postures do engage the core muscles, which are the tiny muscles around the spine which keep the spine moving properly and supported in everyday activities," Ms Lowe says.
Working at a desk all day often goes hand in hand with a lack of exercise, so yoga is also a great way for workers to put fitness back on the menu. It is enjoyable, easy and flexible - meaning individuals are more likely to do it on a daily basis.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)