Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Five fantastic tips to make this a super-smooth summer
Summertime’s glorious days have really brightened up life here in the UK. It’s such a fantastic time of year, when you really feel like trying new things. And what better way to try something new than to add the fun of smoothie making to your healthy living routine?
A fun way to get some nutrient goodness into your system, smoothies are huge in the popularity stakes. And they can combine tongue-tingling flavours with health-benefiting nutrients, all in a single glass!
Here’s a sensational selection of tips that you can use when making smoothies this summer, to help you make the most of this refreshing hobby.
It’s hot out, so you’ll want your smoothie to be super-cool, for a refreshing chill-kick, great for an afternoon in the garden.
Ice will work, but will dilute your smoothie. That could be a good thing, as adding ice to your smoothie will mean you take in more water when you drink it, which will help hydrate you. As we all know, drinking water is often recommended when it comes to maintaining great skin, too!
But if you don’t want to dilute your fruit, but still want that icy kick, the answer is simple. Put frozen fruits in your smoothie!
Breakfast is a great time for a smoothie
Especially in the working week, breakfast is a fantastic time to get some tasty smoothie into your system. You’re not likely to be able to make a fresh smoothie at work, after all. And you’ll really appreciate the fruit and veg goodness of your smoothie before you go to work. It’ll start you off well on your quest for five a day, before you even hit the office.
You can boost a smoothie with a blend
Looking to give your smoothie a boost? Superfood blends could be an option. Try out great Best Superfood Green Blend, for example. With apple pectin and apple powder, there’s a host of superfood in this vitamin boosting blend.
If you’re looking for added zinc, Vitamin B 12 and the much discussed Vitamin C, this is the powder for you. Spinach, Wheatgrass and barley grass are just three of the great ingredients in this brilliant powder package.
You might think of oats as something to bake into flapjacks or make into porridge, and of course these are both fun ways to use these grains. But when it comes to getting a dose of oats, a smoothie is another option for getting this mineral-rich food into your system. They will also help to fill you up.
Mix it up
Looking for variety in your life? Aren’t we all! And when it comes to smoothies, things are no different.
You might alight on a single recipe you really love, and use this over and over. But the internet and cook books are full of options these days and you’re likely to take in the widest variety of health-giving nutrients by mixing things up. Choose a different kind of smoothie to have every day, and you’re less likely to get bored of having the same thing all the time, too!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks