Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Five fantastic tips to make this a super-smooth summer
Summertime’s glorious days have really brightened up life here in the UK. It’s such a fantastic time of year, when you really feel like trying new things. And what better way to try something new than to add the fun of smoothie making to your healthy living routine?
A fun way to get some nutrient goodness into your system, smoothies are huge in the popularity stakes. And they can combine tongue-tingling flavours with health-benefiting nutrients, all in a single glass!
Here’s a sensational selection of tips that you can use when making smoothies this summer, to help you make the most of this refreshing hobby.
It’s hot out, so you’ll want your smoothie to be super-cool, for a refreshing chill-kick, great for an afternoon in the garden.
Ice will work, but will dilute your smoothie. That could be a good thing, as adding ice to your smoothie will mean you take in more water when you drink it, which will help hydrate you. As we all know, drinking water is often recommended when it comes to maintaining great skin, too!
But if you don’t want to dilute your fruit, but still want that icy kick, the answer is simple. Put frozen fruits in your smoothie!
Breakfast is a great time for a smoothie
Especially in the working week, breakfast is a fantastic time to get some tasty smoothie into your system. You’re not likely to be able to make a fresh smoothie at work, after all. And you’ll really appreciate the fruit and veg goodness of your smoothie before you go to work. It’ll start you off well on your quest for five a day, before you even hit the office.
You can boost a smoothie with a blend
Looking to give your smoothie a boost? Superfood blends could be an option. Try out great Best Superfood Green Blend, for example. With apple pectin and apple powder, there’s a host of superfood in this vitamin boosting blend.
If you’re looking for added zinc, Vitamin B 12 and the much discussed Vitamin C, this is the powder for you. Spinach, Wheatgrass and barley grass are just three of the great ingredients in this brilliant powder package.
You might think of oats as something to bake into flapjacks or make into porridge, and of course these are both fun ways to use these grains. But when it comes to getting a dose of oats, a smoothie is another option for getting this mineral-rich food into your system. They will also help to fill you up.
Mix it up
Looking for variety in your life? Aren’t we all! And when it comes to smoothies, things are no different.
You might alight on a single recipe you really love, and use this over and over. But the internet and cook books are full of options these days and you’re likely to take in the widest variety of health-giving nutrients by mixing things up. Choose a different kind of smoothie to have every day, and you’re less likely to get bored of having the same thing all the time, too!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.