Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Five reasons to catch up on your sleep
It's consistently drilled into us how important sleep is, with experts recommending at least six hours a night in order to feel rested and ready for the day ahead.
However, there may be more reasons than the obvious ones as to why sleep is quite so vital.
If you're feeling run down or a little under the weather, there's no cure quite like sleep.
According to Mrs Marianne Davey, director of the British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association, sleep is a primary time for bodily repair, giving the body an opportunity to focus on healing rather than other functions.
"During sleep certain growth hormones are released to allow the cells of the body to grow and repair." she said.
2. Brain power
Mrs Davey also explained that we are far better at making decisions and thinking clearly in the day if we have had enough sleep.
"Brain function suffers most from lack of sleep as it reduces the capacity for decision making, impairs judgement, affects memory and concentration," she explained.
In addition, lack of sleep can cause stress as the body is too tired physically to cope with mental problems.
During sleep, the cells in our body regenerate and grow. This is why sleep is so important for young people and children who are still growing - not enough sleep could lead to stunted growth.
When the body has not had enough rest, it can become stressed and therefore store more fat than energy.
If the body does not work of the excess fat, (which you are unlikely to do if you are tired), this could lead to obesity.
5. Hormone production
"If the hormone production is thrown out of kilter because of disturbed or poor sleep, this leaves a feeling of sluggishness and lethargy in the morning," Mrs Davey warns.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.