Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Five reasons to catch up on your sleep
It's consistently drilled into us how important sleep is, with experts recommending at least six hours a night in order to feel rested and ready for the day ahead.
However, there may be more reasons than the obvious ones as to why sleep is quite so vital.
If you're feeling run down or a little under the weather, there's no cure quite like sleep.
According to Mrs Marianne Davey, director of the British Snoring & Sleep Apnoea Association, sleep is a primary time for bodily repair, giving the body an opportunity to focus on healing rather than other functions.
"During sleep certain growth hormones are released to allow the cells of the body to grow and repair." she said.
2. Brain power
Mrs Davey also explained that we are far better at making decisions and thinking clearly in the day if we have had enough sleep.
"Brain function suffers most from lack of sleep as it reduces the capacity for decision making, impairs judgement, affects memory and concentration," she explained.
In addition, lack of sleep can cause stress as the body is too tired physically to cope with mental problems.
During sleep, the cells in our body regenerate and grow. This is why sleep is so important for young people and children who are still growing - not enough sleep could lead to stunted growth.
When the body has not had enough rest, it can become stressed and therefore store more fat than energy.
If the body does not work of the excess fat, (which you are unlikely to do if you are tired), this could lead to obesity.
5. Hormone production
"If the hormone production is thrown out of kilter because of disturbed or poor sleep, this leaves a feeling of sluggishness and lethargy in the morning," Mrs Davey warns.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy