Cookies on fushi.co.uk
OUR TOP FIVE NUTRITION TIPS
GET THE GLOW WITH OUR 5 EASY NUTRITION TIPS!
Healthy tips to make your skin glow from the inside out!
By Jade Ellis
- 1. HEALTHY FATS
By consuming healthy fats, you are instantly improving your inner health, as well as outwards. There are a number of healthy plant based fats such as avocados, nuts, seeds and healthy cooking oils. Essential fatty acids work wonders for our bodies. Consuming foods rich in Omega 3 fats have been credited with making your skin feel brighter and healthier!
- 2. PROBIOTICS
Good gut bacteria and function is essential for a healthy glow! There is a link between our gut microbiome and our mental health which has been heavily researched. The gut and the brain have a steady ability to communicate via the nervous system, hormones and the immune system. To boost your healthy gut bacteria, it is important to consume probiotics which can be found naturally in fermented food, such as sauerkraut and kimchi!
- 3. SEASONAL FOOD
Eating more local seasonal food has many benefits, including the nutritional value of the fruits and vegetables, which will naturally be at their best and freshest state! Consuming seasonal foods is also very beneficial for the environmental due to reducing energy needed to grow and transport the food we eat. You can help to support your local economy, and reconnect by eating in tune with nature. This is beneficial all around and will have you glowing with goodness from the inside out!
- 4. MORE PLANTS
It is no secret that plant based food can actually be a cure for certain conditions and has been researched for this purpose. This diet has been known to improve digestion, general health, vitality, and even mental health. A diet with no processed foods and high in whole plant foods, can have incredible effects on health and wellbeing. Consuming more fruits and vegetables really can help you to feel good on the inside and glow on the outside!
- 5. ANTIOXIDANTS
Antioxidants are a great, natural way to prevent damage to your body, and reduce oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is what speeds up the body’s aging and causes many problems. By eating foods rich in Antioxidants such as blueberries, goji berries, cranberries, walnuts and dark chocolate, you are providing your system with a wonderful boost – and what a great excuse for chocolate!
These are our five top nutrition tips for looking and feeling great this Winter – and providing your skin with the ultimate GLOW!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks