Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Flavour sensation: Special spices
From cinnamon to nutmeg, paprika to cumin, it's likely you would be able to list many different spices if asked. But do you know much about these incredible ingredients, beyond their names?
If you think you're getting a little bored of the things you're cooking at home, why not scour the web and find some recipes that use one of the following spice-tastic ingredients?
Each has its own very special taste properties - and whether you're discovering one for the first time, or re-discovering it, there's no doubting that it could have a big impact on your cooking!
Fennel isn't perhaps the most widely used vegetable here in the UK, but many of us who do use it in the kitchen love it dearly, as a results of its special and unique flavour.
Available in both baby and larger varieties, you can use this in salads, bakes and for any number of delicious dishes. One thing's for sure: if fennel is involved, you're likely to know about it, because the flavour, though subtle and aromatic, does stand out!
But it's not just the bulb of the plant that is a consumer's friend. The plant's seeds, for example, are thought to aid digestion, as well as being used to add flavour to dishes.
Fennel bulbs contain Vitamin C, potassium and other nutrients, such as iron, calcium and manganese.
Bright and vibrant, turmeric powder is a spice that excites several senses all at once. It's colour is world renowned, and its orange-yellow hues make it one of the most eye-catching things you're likely to keep in the kitchen. It's smell and - of course - taste are also unique.
With antioxidant properties, there is potassium, manganese, Vitamin B6 and iron in Turmeric.
Curries and curried dishes are some of the most popular things to make with this versatile spice.
However, take care when you use turmeric as its brightness could cause issues if you get the powder on your clothes.
Due to its strong colour, this spice can stain, and though beautiful in and of itself, you might not find its shade is quite so appealing in a splotch on your favourite dress!
Another spice favourite, there is iron and manganese in these seeds, which contain small amounts of Vitamin C and Vitamin B6.
Again, cumin is a great spice to have to hand if you want to make curries at home. It can be used in a variety of different dishes of this sort.
Interestingly, paprika contains Vitamin C, as well as Vitamin B6 and Iron. It also has a wide range of uses when it comes to the kitchen.
A tasty spice, it can be used to add a twist of flavour to various dishes by simply adding a dusting after cooking. You could even decide to keep some on the table, alongside your pepper grinder!
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy