Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Footballer John Rankin talks yoga
Yoga has been providing “a new outlook” for players at football club Dundee United, according to midfielder John Rankin.
Speaking to the Daily Record recently, the football star said that the activity had been helping certain players, and that he hoped it would mean he could participate in the sport for longer.
“The yoga is helping some players – but I don’t know about the older ones,” he said.
Though he said yoga had been tricky initially, because it involved putting the body into positions that it isn’t used to, he added: “once we do that and get our muscles moving more, it will be fine.”
The sports star explained that it was manager Jackie McNamara's idea to introduce yoga for players, adding: “It is working”.
Though some players were experiencing stiffness he said, the activity was “a new outlook on how we’re going to get more out of our bodies”.
He did admit to experiencing “aches and pains” as a result of the fact that the activity asked new things from his body, but added “it’s been a good laugh as well”. It’s apparently been an excuse for some good banter between players!
Any men out there who are involved in yoga classes could benefit from the yoga products to be found on our website.
One exciting yoga item we stock is the special Mat Cleaner product, which can be used to keep your yoga mat beautifully clean and contains the likes of bergamot oil and lavender - it will leave a yoga mat smelling wonderful!
Mel C, the pop star who made a name for herself in 90s girl group The Spice Girls, recently spoke out about her liking for yoga.
She told Hello! Online that she does Vinyasa yoga as well as a little Bikram yoga as part of her fitness routine.
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.