Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get cooking with berries to feel brilliant
Berries are an amazing superfood, so why not put on your apron and have some fun trying out a few recipes this weekend?
What are the benefits of berries?
These great fruits are jam packed with antioxidants and flavonoids, protecting the body against free radicals and lowering blood pressure. They are also high in fibre, which has a great cleansing affect for the body, helping to fight constipation.
What's more, berries contain polyphenols and vitamin C, which have lots of cardiovascular benefits.
Studies have also suggested that extracts from blueberries and strawberries can even protect against the oxidative stress behind aging, and galactic radiation for astronauts.
How can you get your daily intake?
The great thing about berries is that they can easily be incorporated into your day, whether as a snack or as part of a meal.
You can even take nutritional supplements, such as Goji Berry, to ensure you're getting a good daily intake.
Goji berries are particularly beneficial if you want to fight ageing and boost the immune system, but other types of berries have different properties.
Top berry recipes
If you want to ensure you are being healthy, try putting some strawberries into a salad with melon and avocado. This makes a lovely starter at a dinner party or a fancy lunch.
Blueberries also make a wonderful ingredient for a sauce to go on meat or, if you're feeling a bit naughty, cake and ice cream.
If you trust your baking skills, you should try delicious raspberry bars. Make a light biscuit base and combine berries with low fat cream for the filling. You can even add in some blueberries to get a combination of flavours. However, vegetarians should be warned that gelatine is needed for this recipe.
Alternatively, create a berry crumble or gratin as a delicious desert. These can be a great alternative to birthday cake for those who don't enjoy sugary treats.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)