Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get cooking with berries to feel brilliant
Berries are an amazing superfood, so why not put on your apron and have some fun trying out a few recipes this weekend?
What are the benefits of berries?
These great fruits are jam packed with antioxidants and flavonoids, protecting the body against free radicals and lowering blood pressure. They are also high in fibre, which has a great cleansing affect for the body, helping to fight constipation.
What's more, berries contain polyphenols and vitamin C, which have lots of cardiovascular benefits.
Studies have also suggested that extracts from blueberries and strawberries can even protect against the oxidative stress behind aging, and galactic radiation for astronauts.
How can you get your daily intake?
The great thing about berries is that they can easily be incorporated into your day, whether as a snack or as part of a meal.
You can even take nutritional supplements, such as Goji Berry, to ensure you're getting a good daily intake.
Goji berries are particularly beneficial if you want to fight ageing and boost the immune system, but other types of berries have different properties.
Top berry recipes
If you want to ensure you are being healthy, try putting some strawberries into a salad with melon and avocado. This makes a lovely starter at a dinner party or a fancy lunch.
Blueberries also make a wonderful ingredient for a sauce to go on meat or, if you're feeling a bit naughty, cake and ice cream.
If you trust your baking skills, you should try delicious raspberry bars. Make a light biscuit base and combine berries with low fat cream for the filling. You can even add in some blueberries to get a combination of flavours. However, vegetarians should be warned that gelatine is needed for this recipe.
Alternatively, create a berry crumble or gratin as a delicious desert. These can be a great alternative to birthday cake for those who don't enjoy sugary treats.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy