Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get ready for spring with a detox
Spring isn't only a time to get your house clean and ready for summer, it is the perfect time of year to perform a detox. Detoxing now can help you to feel more rejuvenated in time for the warmer weather and get rid of any toxins that you have ingested throughout winter. It is also a great way to kick start a healthy diet, putting you in good stead for the rest of the year.
Starting out spring with a detox can help you to feel more energised and altogether healthier. If you are trying to lose weight, a detox is a good way to kick off a healthy eating plan and can get you on track to losing those extra pounds.
Some detoxes limit you to only a few few foods or just to smoothies, which can be difficult to cope with; especially if you have an active lifestyle. Instead of being too extreme, there are easier ways to detox and still enjoy food. This will keep your diet interesting and help you stick to your plan, providing a great range of benefits.
When it comes to cutting foods out of your diet, you want to get rid or carbs, fatty dairy products, meat, sugar and wheat. Avoiding things like milk, cheese, bread, sweets and processed foods are the easiest ways to do this. You should also avoid tea and coffee - include decaf variations - alcohol, squashes and fizzy drinks. This means that you'll only be eating natural and fresh products, providing you with more nutrients and helping to flush out toxins.
When it comes to foods you can eat while on a detox, there are a great number of options. Obviously fresh fruit and vegetables are right up there on the list, as these will provide you with lots of vitamins and natural sugars. You can eat any varieties of fruit and vegetables, including tinned options. The only thing to remember when buying tinned fruit and vegetables is to check that they have no added salt or sugar, as this will undermine your detox.
Rather than meat, you are able to eat fish, tofu and quorn. These options will provide you with healthy protein and make meals a bit more filling, which will cut down how much you snack. As you can cook all of these items in numerous ways - ensuring you always opt for a healthy option - they are a great way to keep your diet interesting.
Lentils and beans are also a great option for bulking up your meals in a healthy way and are a great alternative to carbohydrates. Just as with fruit and vegetables, you can use fresh, dried or canned varieties - watching out for added salt - which can make it easier to create fast meals.
If you have a sweet tooth that can't be satisfied by honey alone, why not try and substitute your sugar with honey? Honey is a natural option that is twice as sweet as cane sugar, helping you to sweeten foods in a healthy way. It can be added to most things to help you curb your sugar cravings and can help you digest food better when drunk with warm water in the morning and before bed.
Whatever detox you do, the most important thing to remember is to drink plenty of water. You need to drink around two litres of water everyday in order to stay hydrated. This will also help to flush away toxins, aiding your detox.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage