Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get ready for spring with a detox
Spring isn't only a time to get your house clean and ready for summer, it is the perfect time of year to perform a detox. Detoxing now can help you to feel more rejuvenated in time for the warmer weather and get rid of any toxins that you have ingested throughout winter. It is also a great way to kick start a healthy diet, putting you in good stead for the rest of the year.
Starting out spring with a detox can help you to feel more energised and altogether healthier. If you are trying to lose weight, a detox is a good way to kick off a healthy eating plan and can get you on track to losing those extra pounds.
Some detoxes limit you to only a few few foods or just to smoothies, which can be difficult to cope with; especially if you have an active lifestyle. Instead of being too extreme, there are easier ways to detox and still enjoy food. This will keep your diet interesting and help you stick to your plan, providing a great range of benefits.
When it comes to cutting foods out of your diet, you want to get rid or carbs, fatty dairy products, meat, sugar and wheat. Avoiding things like milk, cheese, bread, sweets and processed foods are the easiest ways to do this. You should also avoid tea and coffee - include decaf variations - alcohol, squashes and fizzy drinks. This means that you'll only be eating natural and fresh products, providing you with more nutrients and helping to flush out toxins.
When it comes to foods you can eat while on a detox, there are a great number of options. Obviously fresh fruit and vegetables are right up there on the list, as these will provide you with lots of vitamins and natural sugars. You can eat any varieties of fruit and vegetables, including tinned options. The only thing to remember when buying tinned fruit and vegetables is to check that they have no added salt or sugar, as this will undermine your detox.
Rather than meat, you are able to eat fish, tofu and quorn. These options will provide you with healthy protein and make meals a bit more filling, which will cut down how much you snack. As you can cook all of these items in numerous ways - ensuring you always opt for a healthy option - they are a great way to keep your diet interesting.
Lentils and beans are also a great option for bulking up your meals in a healthy way and are a great alternative to carbohydrates. Just as with fruit and vegetables, you can use fresh, dried or canned varieties - watching out for added salt - which can make it easier to create fast meals.
If you have a sweet tooth that can't be satisfied by honey alone, why not try and substitute your sugar with honey? Honey is a natural option that is twice as sweet as cane sugar, helping you to sweeten foods in a healthy way. It can be added to most things to help you curb your sugar cravings and can help you digest food better when drunk with warm water in the morning and before bed.
Whatever detox you do, the most important thing to remember is to drink plenty of water. You need to drink around two litres of water everyday in order to stay hydrated. This will also help to flush away toxins, aiding your detox.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.