Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get your hair party ready in a flash
Christmas is almost upon us and with it comes plenty of reasons to celebrate with those you love. As well as quiet evenings in and present opening sessions, the festive period brings with it numerous reasons to get dolled up and put on your party outfit.
When it comes to getting ready for a night out, most people think the key things they need are the right dress and a touch of makeup. However, all your hard work and your party look can be ruined if your hair doesn't look fabulous.
Having dull hair that is lifeless and damaged can totally ruin your look and draw attention away from a beautiful dress or well-applied makeup. It can also leave you feeling flat as you may not be able to do much with it.
This is why it is important to take some time to liven your hair up and leave it looking beautiful, soft, and shiny. Making your hair look amazing can help to boost your confidence and be the cherry on top of your night out ensemble.
Have a trim
A lot of the time it is dry and split ends that are making your hair look dull. Damaged ends can make hair difficult to deal with and can leave it looking awful.
Rather than trying to fix incredibly damaged ends, it is best to get rid of them. Have a hairdresser snip away any dead ends - be sure to tell them you just want a trim - to leave your hair looking and feeling healthy again.
If you don't have time for a haircut or don't think that your ends are too bad, you may be able to tame them and add shine with an intensive treatment.
Intensive conditioners that are full of natural oils and butters will help to prevent further damage, smooth your hair and add a great glossy shine, which is perfect if you have a Christmas engagement.
Apply any treatment after gently shampooing your hair. It is best to leave a treatment on for an extended period of time in order to get the most out of it. Apply it to all your hair generously, making sure you pay special attention to the ends.
Put a shower cap or cling film on over your treated hair. This will trap heat, allowing your hair follicles to open up and absorb more of the treatment. Rinse out thoroughly after around 20 minutes. You can also do a final rinse with cold water as this will add great shine.
Hair oils or serums can be used to add instant moisture, shine and control to your tresses. Simply apply a small amount - start with some that looks to be about the size of a penny in your palm. Thick or long hair may need more, but it is best to add more if needed than to over-oil the hair.
Rub the oil between your hands and then run your fingers through the lengths of your hair, avoiding the roots and ensuring your ends are coated. Brush through your hair carefully and allow to soak in before styling.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?