Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get your pre-New Year’s resolutions started now!
With the new year a chance for all of us to become better versions of ourselves - leaner, fitter, less prone to stressing out over the small things - it can be all too easy to put off our resolutions until the harsh reality of January 1st actually hits.
This is why we are proposing a radical new alteration this year - pre-New Year's resolutions!
It's a remarkably simple concept: rather than reach for the Christmas chocolates again, go upstairs, get out your Yoga equipment and head to the gym or nearest park to shake off the stresses and strains of the festive season and practise your best moves.
If you're ahead of the curve this year and have already taken up a new sport, Yoga can really help you unwind and benefit from all that exercise. Dark evenings and chilly rain can sometimes make our training regime a little more sporadic than it should be, so when you get back into it you are more likely to feel the aches and pains, especially in your calves, shins and hamstrings.
Tightness in your legs can be loosened with Yoga moves, explains Emilie Smith, creator of Yoga For Athletes, a programme offered at Equinox and Reebok Sports Club.
"Yoga's not just about stretching yourself out like a sweater," she told Prevention.com. "Yoga can improve running form, increase range of motion and help prevent injuries. In the end, you'll perform more efficiently."
She said Active Downward Dog move, which acts as a warm-up, is particularly helpful to runners. Kneel on your Yoga mat with your palms planted on the floor slightly in front of your shoulders, then lift your knees and push your heels towards the floor. Breathe in and out ten times while pedalling each foot in turn and moving your hips from side to side to burn off those Christmassy calories.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy