Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get your pre-New Year’s resolutions started now!
With the new year a chance for all of us to become better versions of ourselves - leaner, fitter, less prone to stressing out over the small things - it can be all too easy to put off our resolutions until the harsh reality of January 1st actually hits.
This is why we are proposing a radical new alteration this year - pre-New Year's resolutions!
It's a remarkably simple concept: rather than reach for the Christmas chocolates again, go upstairs, get out your Yoga equipment and head to the gym or nearest park to shake off the stresses and strains of the festive season and practise your best moves.
If you're ahead of the curve this year and have already taken up a new sport, Yoga can really help you unwind and benefit from all that exercise. Dark evenings and chilly rain can sometimes make our training regime a little more sporadic than it should be, so when you get back into it you are more likely to feel the aches and pains, especially in your calves, shins and hamstrings.
Tightness in your legs can be loosened with Yoga moves, explains Emilie Smith, creator of Yoga For Athletes, a programme offered at Equinox and Reebok Sports Club.
"Yoga's not just about stretching yourself out like a sweater," she told Prevention.com. "Yoga can improve running form, increase range of motion and help prevent injuries. In the end, you'll perform more efficiently."
She said Active Downward Dog move, which acts as a warm-up, is particularly helpful to runners. Kneel on your Yoga mat with your palms planted on the floor slightly in front of your shoulders, then lift your knees and push your heels towards the floor. Breathe in and out ten times while pedalling each foot in turn and moving your hips from side to side to burn off those Christmassy calories.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)