Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Get your pre-New Year’s resolutions started now!
With the new year a chance for all of us to become better versions of ourselves - leaner, fitter, less prone to stressing out over the small things - it can be all too easy to put off our resolutions until the harsh reality of January 1st actually hits.
This is why we are proposing a radical new alteration this year - pre-New Year's resolutions!
It's a remarkably simple concept: rather than reach for the Christmas chocolates again, go upstairs, get out your Yoga equipment and head to the gym or nearest park to shake off the stresses and strains of the festive season and practise your best moves.
If you're ahead of the curve this year and have already taken up a new sport, Yoga can really help you unwind and benefit from all that exercise. Dark evenings and chilly rain can sometimes make our training regime a little more sporadic than it should be, so when you get back into it you are more likely to feel the aches and pains, especially in your calves, shins and hamstrings.
Tightness in your legs can be loosened with Yoga moves, explains Emilie Smith, creator of Yoga For Athletes, a programme offered at Equinox and Reebok Sports Club.
"Yoga's not just about stretching yourself out like a sweater," she told Prevention.com. "Yoga can improve running form, increase range of motion and help prevent injuries. In the end, you'll perform more efficiently."
She said Active Downward Dog move, which acts as a warm-up, is particularly helpful to runners. Kneel on your Yoga mat with your palms planted on the floor slightly in front of your shoulders, then lift your knees and push your heels towards the floor. Breathe in and out ten times while pedalling each foot in turn and moving your hips from side to side to burn off those Christmassy calories.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.