Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Getting green when you’re smoothie-making
Fruits and veg of a whole range of colours, from bright yellow bananas to indigo blueberries, could have a place in the list of ingredients for a sensational smoothie.
And each ingredient brings something a little different to the mix, in terms of both its flavour, its colour and the exact range of nutrients it contains.
Some great goodness can also be added to a smoothie when you throw in a veg that you might not associate with a sweet treat - but which provides some brilliant nutrients for your body to savour.
Here are three examples of greens that can be added to smoothies. Why not try one of these as a smoothie ingredient the next time you're whizzing up a vitamin-rich treat in the smoothie maker?
Fresh spinach leaves can make a great addition to a smoothie, and though they don't exactly taste sweet, they have a fresh, very healthy-tasting flavour which could give your beverage a great feeling of being extra-good for you!
Popeye's fave food, spinach contains vitamin C and magnesium, as well as iron, three great nutrients. One thing that can make it brilliant for smoothies is just how simple it is to throw into your smoothie maker: there's no chopping or peeling for these nutrient-rich leaves. A simple rinse will do, then add them to the mix!
Also nice and easy to add to a smoothie, celery can be kept in the fridge until you need it, then rinsed, chopped and smoothed out in your smoothie maker.
There's vitamin C in these fresh-tasting sticks and they will add water to your smoothie, while also bringing a host of minerals. Think potassium, manganese and calcium, for example.
Because of its subtle flavour, celery is a good way to add another item to a smoothie mix which won't overpower the taste of other ingredients.
As a good alternative to spinach in a smoothie for those who want a stronger taste, watercress provides even more vitamin C to the mix than its fellow leafy veg.
Again, you won't need much prep for this great ingredient once you have it to hand. After a little rinse, it can be added to your smoothie maker and will quickly break down into the juicy goodness inside.
You can get vitamin A from this exciting green kitchen ingredient (which is also good for making things like salads), as well as Vitamin B6 and iron.
Sometimes called a 'superfood' it can certainly be a super smoothie ingredient!
As with anything in life, it's advised not to overindulge when it comes to any one smoothie ingredient.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?