Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Gluten Free Banana, Walnut and Chia Muffins
By Fushi Nutritionist
"Gluten free goodness: Here is a delightfully tasty new recipe to consider! Enjoy these nutty wholesome muffins which are gluten free and made with Fushi ghee, coconut oil and chia seeds. These protein rich muffins make a wonderful filling snack for those wintery days when you feel like you need a little something to brighten up your afternoon. Yummy!"
Preparation Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 150g of brown rice flour
- 200g of ground almonds
- 1 tsp of gluten free baking powder
- ½ tsp of bicarbonate soda
- Generous pinch of pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of freshly ground nutmeg
- 250g of rapadura sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100ml of ghee
- 125ml of coconut oil
- 300g of ripened bananas (mashed)
- 120g of sultanas
- 50ml of dark rum
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Juice of half a lemon
- 100g of walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 20g of chia seeds
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 200C (fan). Prepare your muffin tin with 12 muffin cases and set to one side.
- 2. Place the sultanas and the rum in a small frying pan and simmer gently for about 5 minutes till the sultanas are pump and juicy and the alcohol has reduced. Set to the side and allow to cool.
- 3. In a separate bowl, combine the rice flour, ground almonds, baking powder, bicarb soda, sugar and spices and mix through gently with a spoon to blend all the ingredients together.
- 4. If your coconut oil is solid at room temperature heat it very gently until it turns to liquid.
5. Beat the eggs and then gently fold them into the dry mixture along with the coconut oil, ghee, the mashed
bananas, sultanas and vanilla extract. Add in the lemon juice and beat together well with a food processor or hand mixer.
- 6. Finally add the walnuts and the chia seeds and mix in well.
- 7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and distribute evenly.
- 8. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown on the top or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes