Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Goldie discusses Bikram Yoga
The music star Goldie has been talking about his practice of Bikram yoga, praising the activity.
“I swear by it” he told BBC Breakfast this week, adding that he began taking part in the activity three years back, after an accident which saw him nearly lose a leg.
“I nearly lost my leg in a water ski accident and I was in hospital for four months and I’d just had a divorce, I was really down and out and my friend said ‘why don’t you try Bikram yoga?’ so I got into Bikram,” he told the news programme on March 13th.
The star, whose best-of collection The Alchemist was released this week, and who was in 1999 Pierce Brosnan James Bond flick The World Is Not Enough, said that the activity provided him with “total peace of mind [and] focus”.
For him, he suggested, the mental benefit to be gained from this sort of yoga was more important than the physical benefit. “I’m so focused now, in terms of work,” he said.
Goldie isn’t the only star who is a fan of this activity, it seems. Only recently Spice Girl Mel C mentioned that she also takes part in Bikram yoga.
The Spice Girl told Hello: "I like yoga, I do Vinyasa flow and a bit of Bikram,” in a recent interview.
Meanwhile, Benedict Cumberbatch, who is set to appear on the silver screen this May in sci fi film Star Trek into Darkness, used Bikram when preparing for the part of Sherlock Holmes in the BBC TV series Sherlock.
Back in 2010, he told Collider.com that his pre-Sherlock prep involved eating well, running, swimming and “some Bikram yoga” among other things.
Besiders Bikram, other yoga varieties include Anusara, Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?