Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Goldie discusses Bikram Yoga
The music star Goldie has been talking about his practice of Bikram yoga, praising the activity.
“I swear by it” he told BBC Breakfast this week, adding that he began taking part in the activity three years back, after an accident which saw him nearly lose a leg.
“I nearly lost my leg in a water ski accident and I was in hospital for four months and I’d just had a divorce, I was really down and out and my friend said ‘why don’t you try Bikram yoga?’ so I got into Bikram,” he told the news programme on March 13th.
The star, whose best-of collection The Alchemist was released this week, and who was in 1999 Pierce Brosnan James Bond flick The World Is Not Enough, said that the activity provided him with “total peace of mind [and] focus”.
For him, he suggested, the mental benefit to be gained from this sort of yoga was more important than the physical benefit. “I’m so focused now, in terms of work,” he said.
Goldie isn’t the only star who is a fan of this activity, it seems. Only recently Spice Girl Mel C mentioned that she also takes part in Bikram yoga.
The Spice Girl told Hello: "I like yoga, I do Vinyasa flow and a bit of Bikram,” in a recent interview.
Meanwhile, Benedict Cumberbatch, who is set to appear on the silver screen this May in sci fi film Star Trek into Darkness, used Bikram when preparing for the part of Sherlock Holmes in the BBC TV series Sherlock.
Back in 2010, he told Collider.com that his pre-Sherlock prep involved eating well, running, swimming and “some Bikram yoga” among other things.
Besiders Bikram, other yoga varieties include Anusara, Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.