Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Goldie discusses Bikram Yoga
The music star Goldie has been talking about his practice of Bikram yoga, praising the activity.
“I swear by it” he told BBC Breakfast this week, adding that he began taking part in the activity three years back, after an accident which saw him nearly lose a leg.
“I nearly lost my leg in a water ski accident and I was in hospital for four months and I’d just had a divorce, I was really down and out and my friend said ‘why don’t you try Bikram yoga?’ so I got into Bikram,” he told the news programme on March 13th.
The star, whose best-of collection The Alchemist was released this week, and who was in 1999 Pierce Brosnan James Bond flick The World Is Not Enough, said that the activity provided him with “total peace of mind [and] focus”.
For him, he suggested, the mental benefit to be gained from this sort of yoga was more important than the physical benefit. “I’m so focused now, in terms of work,” he said.
Goldie isn’t the only star who is a fan of this activity, it seems. Only recently Spice Girl Mel C mentioned that she also takes part in Bikram yoga.
The Spice Girl told Hello: "I like yoga, I do Vinyasa flow and a bit of Bikram,” in a recent interview.
Meanwhile, Benedict Cumberbatch, who is set to appear on the silver screen this May in sci fi film Star Trek into Darkness, used Bikram when preparing for the part of Sherlock Holmes in the BBC TV series Sherlock.
Back in 2010, he told Collider.com that his pre-Sherlock prep involved eating well, running, swimming and “some Bikram yoga” among other things.
Besiders Bikram, other yoga varieties include Anusara, Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.