Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Goldie discusses Bikram Yoga
The music star Goldie has been talking about his practice of Bikram yoga, praising the activity.
“I swear by it” he told BBC Breakfast this week, adding that he began taking part in the activity three years back, after an accident which saw him nearly lose a leg.
“I nearly lost my leg in a water ski accident and I was in hospital for four months and I’d just had a divorce, I was really down and out and my friend said ‘why don’t you try Bikram yoga?’ so I got into Bikram,” he told the news programme on March 13th.
The star, whose best-of collection The Alchemist was released this week, and who was in 1999 Pierce Brosnan James Bond flick The World Is Not Enough, said that the activity provided him with “total peace of mind [and] focus”.
For him, he suggested, the mental benefit to be gained from this sort of yoga was more important than the physical benefit. “I’m so focused now, in terms of work,” he said.
Goldie isn’t the only star who is a fan of this activity, it seems. Only recently Spice Girl Mel C mentioned that she also takes part in Bikram yoga.
The Spice Girl told Hello: "I like yoga, I do Vinyasa flow and a bit of Bikram,” in a recent interview.
Meanwhile, Benedict Cumberbatch, who is set to appear on the silver screen this May in sci fi film Star Trek into Darkness, used Bikram when preparing for the part of Sherlock Holmes in the BBC TV series Sherlock.
Back in 2010, he told Collider.com that his pre-Sherlock prep involved eating well, running, swimming and “some Bikram yoga” among other things.
Besiders Bikram, other yoga varieties include Anusara, Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy