Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Handle your Christmas stress easily
The middle of December is upon us, meaning that Christmas is just around the corner. While many people will revel in the hustle and bustle that comes hand-in-hand with the festive period, others will find it an incredibly stressful time.
Whether it is the threat of the family descending upon you, the last minute rush to find the right gift, or the worry of Christmas dinner hanging over your head, the festive period brings with it a number of things that can send your stress levels through the roof.
However, there are things that you can do to help reduce how much stress you are feeling in order to enjoy the holiday and all that it brings. Taking some time to relax your body and mind could really pay-off if you want to see out the year in a chilled out manner.
Take time to yourself
Even if you don't have the extended family threatening to visit, it can be difficult to get some time to yourself as Christmas approaches.
Make sure you make time to do something for yourself, whether this is taking a walk, reading a book or just watching some festive television. This can help you to unwind and forget anything that you might have to do before Christmas hits.
Have a bath
More often than not, if you're busy it is usually a case of having a quick shower before rushing off to do something. Taking time to have a warm relaxing bath means that you get time to yourself, but also that your muscles can relax.
Helping your body relax can also help your mind to chill out, which can make you feel much easier. Soaking in a hot bath - perhaps with some essential oils for fragrance - is a great way to warm you up, get rid of those knotted muscles and ensure you are ready for the days ahead.
While you might be tempted to indulge in a few too many festive treats when feeling stressed, this is one of the worst things you can do. Sugary foods may provide a quick burst of energy, but you'll come down and feel tired just as quickly. They also take a longer amount of time to burn off, which can add on the pounds.
Rather than reaching for the chocolate, eat plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. These contain plenty of nutrients and vitamins that will keep you going, make you feel great and come without the guilt.
Plan, plan, plan
You may have a lot to do, but the chances are there isn't as much as you might think. Rather than running around to try and get everything done and making it harder for you, put together a list of everything that needs doing.
Writing down what chores need to be completed before Christmas and working out when you can do them all will help to relax your mind. You'll probably find that some of the odd jobs can go together, saving you time and energy.
Being able to see everything that needs doing and crossing each thing off as you do it means that you are less likely to forget something and that you won't be running around at the last minute.
However you handle your stress, make sure you enjoy the Christmas festivities. Not everything has to be perfect and you don't have to be rushing around the whole day.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.