Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Health Benefits of English Flaxseed Oil
Health Benefits of English Flaxseed Oil
By Jade Ellis
What is Organic Flaxseed Oil?
Organic Flaxseed oil, also known as Linseed Oil, Flax oil is the richest, most natural source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids (Alpha-Linolenic acid or ALA). Organic Flaxseed oil is also the ideal plant based source of omega 3’s for those who prefer a vegan or vegetarian option. Fushi’s Flaxseed oil is organic, which means it has been grown without harmful chemicals, and comes from a top quality seed. The environmental and ethical benefits of consuming organic Flaxseed oil as a way to procure omega 3’s include not contributing to fish farming or the harming of a species.Omega-3 from flaxseed oil is more efficiently metabolised than previously thought and can be beneficial than the longer chain omega-3 found in fish oils.
Some of the benefits of Flax Seed oil are:-
- Flaxseed oil is a great source of insoluble and soluble fibre for digestion and gut health.
- Organic Flax Seed Oil is a tremendous source of Omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Flax oil is a vegan and vegetarian source of omega 3’s and Alpha Linoleic acid, which cannot be made by the body.
- The Alpha Linoleic acid content in Organic Flax or Linseed oil is known to be beneficial for cardiac health.
- The essential fatty acids in Flaxseed oil can help with skin conditions such as Eczema which helps improve skin elasticity and texture.
- Organic Flaxseed oil boosts collagen production and therefore helps fight the appearance of cellulite.
- Our UK grown Flaxseed oil is also thought to be useful for decreasing inflammation in certain diseases, and is also anti-inflammatory for the skin.
Fushi’s cold pressed organic Flax oil is protected with contact from oxygen and light. Once the bottles are pressed the organic Linseed oil is stored under refrigeration prior to despatch which helps to preserve the freshness and potency of the cold pressed Flax oil.
Our omega Flaxseed oil is packaged and protected from heat and light in dark glass bottles. The dark glass prevents oxidation, damage to omega 3’s, ensures freshness, the best taste and the highest quality. In terms of storage, Flaxseed oil can be kept in the refrigerator to retain its freshness for a longer period of time. However, it is more important to keep the oil away from direct sunlight and stored in a dark place. It is also important to keep the bottle tightly closed to prevent oxidation. The oil can be kept for 12 months if unopened and for maximum freshness it is ideal to consume within six to eight weeks of opening.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage