Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Health Benefits of English Flaxseed Oil
Health Benefits of English Flaxseed Oil
By Jade Ellis
What is Organic Flaxseed Oil?
Organic Flaxseed oil, also known as Linseed Oil, Flax oil is the richest, most natural source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids (Alpha-Linolenic acid or ALA). Organic Flaxseed oil is also the ideal plant based source of omega 3’s for those who prefer a vegan or vegetarian option. Fushi’s Flaxseed oil is organic, which means it has been grown without harmful chemicals, and comes from a top quality seed. The environmental and ethical benefits of consuming organic Flaxseed oil as a way to procure omega 3’s include not contributing to fish farming or the harming of a species.Omega-3 from flaxseed oil is more efficiently metabolised than previously thought and can be beneficial than the longer chain omega-3 found in fish oils.
Some of the benefits of Flax Seed oil are:-
- Flaxseed oil is a great source of insoluble and soluble fibre for digestion and gut health.
- Organic Flax Seed Oil is a tremendous source of Omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Flax oil is a vegan and vegetarian source of omega 3’s and Alpha Linoleic acid, which cannot be made by the body.
- The Alpha Linoleic acid content in Organic Flax or Linseed oil is known to be beneficial for cardiac health.
- The essential fatty acids in Flaxseed oil can help with skin conditions such as Eczema which helps improve skin elasticity and texture.
- Organic Flaxseed oil boosts collagen production and therefore helps fight the appearance of cellulite.
- Our UK grown Flaxseed oil is also thought to be useful for decreasing inflammation in certain diseases, and is also anti-inflammatory for the skin.
Fushi’s cold pressed organic Flax oil is protected with contact from oxygen and light. Once the bottles are pressed the organic Linseed oil is stored under refrigeration prior to despatch which helps to preserve the freshness and potency of the cold pressed Flax oil.
Our omega Flaxseed oil is packaged and protected from heat and light in dark glass bottles. The dark glass prevents oxidation, damage to omega 3’s, ensures freshness, the best taste and the highest quality. In terms of storage, Flaxseed oil can be kept in the refrigerator to retain its freshness for a longer period of time. However, it is more important to keep the oil away from direct sunlight and stored in a dark place. It is also important to keep the bottle tightly closed to prevent oxidation. The oil can be kept for 12 months if unopened and for maximum freshness it is ideal to consume within six to eight weeks of opening.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks