Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Health Benefits of English Flaxseed Oil
Health Benefits of English Flaxseed Oil
By Jade Ellis
What is Organic Flaxseed Oil?
Organic Flaxseed oil, also known as Linseed Oil, Flax oil is the richest, most natural source of Omega 3 essential fatty acids (Alpha-Linolenic acid or ALA). Organic Flaxseed oil is also the ideal plant based source of omega 3’s for those who prefer a vegan or vegetarian option. Fushi’s Flaxseed oil is organic, which means it has been grown without harmful chemicals, and comes from a top quality seed. The environmental and ethical benefits of consuming organic Flaxseed oil as a way to procure omega 3’s include not contributing to fish farming or the harming of a species.Omega-3 from flaxseed oil is more efficiently metabolised than previously thought and can be beneficial than the longer chain omega-3 found in fish oils.
Some of the benefits of Flax Seed oil are:-
- Flaxseed oil is a great source of insoluble and soluble fibre for digestion and gut health.
- Organic Flax Seed Oil is a tremendous source of Omega-3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
- Flax oil is a vegan and vegetarian source of omega 3’s and Alpha Linoleic acid, which cannot be made by the body.
- The Alpha Linoleic acid content in Organic Flax or Linseed oil is known to be beneficial for cardiac health.
- The essential fatty acids in Flaxseed oil can help with skin conditions such as Eczema which helps improve skin elasticity and texture.
- Organic Flaxseed oil boosts collagen production and therefore helps fight the appearance of cellulite.
- Our UK grown Flaxseed oil is also thought to be useful for decreasing inflammation in certain diseases, and is also anti-inflammatory for the skin.
Fushi’s cold pressed organic Flax oil is protected with contact from oxygen and light. Once the bottles are pressed the organic Linseed oil is stored under refrigeration prior to despatch which helps to preserve the freshness and potency of the cold pressed Flax oil.
Our omega Flaxseed oil is packaged and protected from heat and light in dark glass bottles. The dark glass prevents oxidation, damage to omega 3’s, ensures freshness, the best taste and the highest quality. In terms of storage, Flaxseed oil can be kept in the refrigerator to retain its freshness for a longer period of time. However, it is more important to keep the oil away from direct sunlight and stored in a dark place. It is also important to keep the bottle tightly closed to prevent oxidation. The oil can be kept for 12 months if unopened and for maximum freshness it is ideal to consume within six to eight weeks of opening.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?