Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Health benefits of Flax Seed oil
Flax Seed oil has become quite renowned for its health benefits. It?s become what you call the buzzword and sales for this nondescript looking seed and its oil have risen over the past few years.
Flax seed oil also known as Linseed oil is highly recommended for general wellbeing and for whole body nutrition and is considered to be nature?s richest source of omega-3 fatty acids
Omega 3 fatty acids are needed for the health of almost all body systems. Flax Seed Oil contains omega-6 and omega-9 essential fatty acids, B vitamins, potassium, lecithin, magnesium, fibre, protein, and zinc and also provides approximately 50% more omega-3 oils than what you could get from taking fish oil.
Studies show that Omega-3 fatty acids found in Flax Seed oil help lower cholesterol.ÿ The EFA?s are also known to help protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention and lowered immune function.
Flax Seed oil is known to reduce the risk of cancer, due to the high content of lignan in it. Research suggests that populations with a large amount of lignan in their diet show fewer incidences of cancer, especially colon and breast cancer.
Flax Seed oil is also known to help to lower cholesterol, protect against heart disease, promote the growth of healthy hair and nails, improve absorption of calcium, and help increase the metabolic rate, making it good for weight loss.
Flax Seed oil is also known to be helpful in the treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dandruff and can relieve some cases of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) in females.
Unfortunately, our current diets do not come close to meeting our daily EFA (essential fatty acids) requirements. It?s recommendable to take Flax Seed in oil form rather than capsule form, as about 10 -15 capsules makes for the recommended amount which is just short of 1 tablespoon of Flax Seed oil. The best way to ingest this is by adding it to your shake or smoothie to disguise the taste, although the taste according to many is not that bad and almost nutty.
Considering the so very many benefits of the humble Flax Seed, begin including it in your daily diet and reap its many benefits for health.
- Fenugreek Seed Capsules, Organic Organic-ground®, 60 Caps50% OFFSpecial Price £4.01 Regular Price £8.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.