Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Healthy Super Food Soup Ideas for Winter
By Sophie Leaver
Health & Wellbeing Writer
As the days get shorter and the weather gets chillier, there’s nothing more inviting than staying inside, snuggling up and eating warm and comforting food. But just because we start to crave heartier meals, it doesn’t mean they need to
be unhealthy. Soup is the perfect meal that can be comforting, satisfying, and loaded with healthy, fresh and delicious ingredients. There are so many tasty flavours to play around with, and soups are a great meal option that can be conveniently made in large quantities to last you through the week. Test out these delicious recipes that use fresh produce and super foods, providing great combinations of fibre, proteins, carbs and good fats.
Spiced Red Lentil Soup
1 tablespoon of organic Fushi ghee
2 large brown onions, roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tin of tomatoes
1 tablespoon ground sweet paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to season
2 litres of vegetable stock
500g of split red lentils
In a large saucepan, sauté the garlic and onion in the ghee for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
Rinse the lentils and add to the pan with the tomatoes, stock and spices.
Cover and reduce the heat, allowing to simmer for 25 minutes or until lentils are softened.
Season with salt, pepper, chilli, or any other spices to suit your taste.
Creamy Broccoli Omega Soup
1 medium broccoli, cut into florets
2 tablespoons of Fushi coconut oil
1 brown onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 can of drained cannellini beans
¼ cup roasted pine nuts
Steam the broccoli florets until cooked through.
In a large saucepan, cook the onions and garlic in coconut oil, until softened.
Add the stock and drained beans.
Remove from heat, and add the broccoli and avocado.
Using a jug blender or a hand held soup blender, puree the mixture until it becomes a smooth consistency.
Serve with salt and pepper and garnish with roasted pine nuts.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy