Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Herbs for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
With urinary tract infections so hugely common especially among women, natural cures or herbal remedies for UTI are much sought after by those who prefer to seek a complementary treatment or a holistic therapy for this condition.
Natural and herbal remedies may help with Urinary Tract infection (UTI), and there is no harm in trying them out, as generally there are not very many side effects to alternative and holistic therapies.
Herbs generally recommended by herbalists for Urinary Tract Infection are:-
- Buchu, is a herb that has a history of use by the people of the Western Cape of Southern Africa, who have used it for UTI and other conditions for centuries. It is diuretic and antiseptic. It is used for infection of the genito-urinary system, such as cystitis. It is healing and soothing properties make this herb beneficial in painful and burning urination.
- Marshmallow Leaf contains mucilage that soothes and softens tissues, and controls bacterial infection. Its soothing properties are effective against urinary tract infections and cystitis.
- Yarrow is another herb known that is used as natural remedy for urinary tract infections. It works as a urinary antiseptic it may also be helpful with infections such as cystitis.
- Corn Silk is another herb that may help with in protecting and soothing the irritation urinary tract as well as being a soothing diuretic.
- Cranberry juice has long been considered to help with urinary tract infection, more so for the milder and earlier stages of the condition.
Fushi has developed an organic herbal formula, called Waterworks Tinctureÿ that contains Buchu, Marshmallow leaf, Yarrow and Cornsilk all formulated to help with urinary tract infection.
The symptoms of UTI include the urge to urinate frequently although there will be nothing there when you visit the bathroom. Passing small amounts of urine and a burning sensation when urinating, and blood in the urine are all classic symptoms that indicate UTI. Of course there may be other symptoms and it is always advisable to seek medical advice.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.