Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Herbs for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
With urinary tract infections so hugely common especially among women, natural cures or herbal remedies for UTI are much sought after by those who prefer to seek a complementary treatment or a holistic therapy for this condition.
Natural and herbal remedies may help with Urinary Tract infection (UTI), and there is no harm in trying them out, as generally there are not very many side effects to alternative and holistic therapies.
Herbs generally recommended by herbalists for Urinary Tract Infection are:-
- Buchu, is a herb that has a history of use by the people of the Western Cape of Southern Africa, who have used it for UTI and other conditions for centuries. It is diuretic and antiseptic. It is used for infection of the genito-urinary system, such as cystitis. It is healing and soothing properties make this herb beneficial in painful and burning urination.
- Marshmallow Leaf contains mucilage that soothes and softens tissues, and controls bacterial infection. Its soothing properties are effective against urinary tract infections and cystitis.
- Yarrow is another herb known that is used as natural remedy for urinary tract infections. It works as a urinary antiseptic it may also be helpful with infections such as cystitis.
- Corn Silk is another herb that may help with in protecting and soothing the irritation urinary tract as well as being a soothing diuretic.
- Cranberry juice has long been considered to help with urinary tract infection, more so for the milder and earlier stages of the condition.
Fushi has developed an organic herbal formula, called Waterworks Tinctureÿ that contains Buchu, Marshmallow leaf, Yarrow and Cornsilk all formulated to help with urinary tract infection.
The symptoms of UTI include the urge to urinate frequently although there will be nothing there when you visit the bathroom. Passing small amounts of urine and a burning sensation when urinating, and blood in the urine are all classic symptoms that indicate UTI. Of course there may be other symptoms and it is always advisable to seek medical advice.
- Immune Astragalus & Echinacea Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Breathe Elecampane & Liquorice Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.