Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Home made facial scrub
An exfoliating facial scrub is a bathroom essential. Exfoliation helps get rid of the dead skin cells and exposes the new fresh skin underneath. When you find your moisturiser and your foundation seems to sit on the skin surface, giving it a dull grey appearance, you know it’s time for an exfoliation. Another great way to check is to use some sticky tape, stick this on to a section of your skin and when it comes off with a very visible thick white film of skin cells, you know it’s time to for a good scrub. A thorough gentle scrub will leave your skin shining, polished and bright. The dead cells will be removed and the gentle massage will also help with circulation which is immensely beneficial for the skin.
So why not try and make your facial scrub or facial exfoliate at home, this time! There are so many thrifty beauty secrets and home recipes, that can save you money and give you just as good results. You can make it fresh whenever you want and have funÿ customising it with your favourite fragrances. You can also buy a nice jar and gift it to a friend, as a homemade beauty gift. There is so much more fun to be had.
The ingredients you will need are:-
Brown sugar, white sugar, honey, sweet almond oil and essential aromatherapy oil of your choice. We have recommended different essential oils for different skin types so choose and customise your facial scrub accordingly.
The first step is to take 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Add 1 table spoon ofÿ honey, this has excellent anti bacterial properties and is very beneficial for spots and blemishes on the skin.
Slowly add sweet almond oil to this mixture,ÿuntil it starts to look like a thick paste. Mix this in together nicely with a wooden spoon. You can adjust the density of your scrub to how you like it, if you want it more liquid than just add more oil to it.
Now for the best part, add a few drops ofÿ any aromatherapy oil of your choice, until it smells just right. There are certain essential oils that care good for certain skin types.
Forÿ normal skin types useÿ Atlas Cedarwood, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli,ÿ Roman Chamomile, or Rose.
For dry skin useÿ Lavender, Bergamot, Atlas Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Juniper, Myrrh, Palma Rosa, Patchouli, Sandalwood, or Ylangylang.
For acne skin, we recommend Tea tree, Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Sandalwood,ÿ Basil, or Roman Chamomile
For cleansing skin we suggest Sweet Basil, Juniper, Lemon,ÿ and Niaouli.
For hydrating skin use Sweet Orange, Mandarin and Rose
Use this scrub twice a week, gently rub dry and dull skin with a small palm full of scrub. Avoid rubbing too hard as this could cause irritation. Natural scrubs may not keep for very long, so make small fresh amounts as and when you need.
You can even put thisÿ in a decorative jar and give it as a gift, or enjoy it yourself.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.