Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Home made facial scrub
An exfoliating facial scrub is a bathroom essential. Exfoliation helps get rid of the dead skin cells and exposes the new fresh skin underneath. When you find your moisturiser and your foundation seems to sit on the skin surface, giving it a dull grey appearance, you know it’s time for an exfoliation. Another great way to check is to use some sticky tape, stick this on to a section of your skin and when it comes off with a very visible thick white film of skin cells, you know it’s time to for a good scrub. A thorough gentle scrub will leave your skin shining, polished and bright. The dead cells will be removed and the gentle massage will also help with circulation which is immensely beneficial for the skin.
So why not try and make your facial scrub or facial exfoliate at home, this time! There are so many thrifty beauty secrets and home recipes, that can save you money and give you just as good results. You can make it fresh whenever you want and have funÿ customising it with your favourite fragrances. You can also buy a nice jar and gift it to a friend, as a homemade beauty gift. There is so much more fun to be had.
The ingredients you will need are:-
Brown sugar, white sugar, honey, sweet almond oil and essential aromatherapy oil of your choice. We have recommended different essential oils for different skin types so choose and customise your facial scrub accordingly.
The first step is to take 1/2 cup of brown sugar
Add 1 table spoon ofÿ honey, this has excellent anti bacterial properties and is very beneficial for spots and blemishes on the skin.
Slowly add sweet almond oil to this mixture,ÿuntil it starts to look like a thick paste. Mix this in together nicely with a wooden spoon. You can adjust the density of your scrub to how you like it, if you want it more liquid than just add more oil to it.
Now for the best part, add a few drops ofÿ any aromatherapy oil of your choice, until it smells just right. There are certain essential oils that care good for certain skin types.
Forÿ normal skin types useÿ Atlas Cedarwood, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli,ÿ Roman Chamomile, or Rose.
For dry skin useÿ Lavender, Bergamot, Atlas Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Juniper, Myrrh, Palma Rosa, Patchouli, Sandalwood, or Ylangylang.
For acne skin, we recommend Tea tree, Petitgrain, Grapefruit, Sandalwood,ÿ Basil, or Roman Chamomile
For cleansing skin we suggest Sweet Basil, Juniper, Lemon,ÿ and Niaouli.
For hydrating skin use Sweet Orange, Mandarin and Rose
Use this scrub twice a week, gently rub dry and dull skin with a small palm full of scrub. Avoid rubbing too hard as this could cause irritation. Natural scrubs may not keep for very long, so make small fresh amounts as and when you need.
You can even put thisÿ in a decorative jar and give it as a gift, or enjoy it yourself.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy