Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How can argan oil benefit you?
Written by Laura Andrews, Skin Care and Holistic Lifestyle Expert
People researching ways to improve health may stumble across references to argan oil, but what exactly is this elixir and what does it do?
Where does argan oil come from?
This amazing substance originates from the green nuts of the Argan tree, found predominantly in Morocco. However, Algeria and Israel also boast a few of these incredibly rare trees.
The oil is highly prized because of its scarcity and its brilliant properties. It has been used for centuries for its cosmetic benefits, but it also has medical advantages.
A protector of skin
This essential oil is particularly famed for its ability to protect and nourish the skin. It is full of antioxidant vitamin E, Omega 6 and antimicrobials.
This means that it can sooth dry skin and is used to treat eczema and dermatitis. What’s more, it can treat stretch marks and burns. It’s ability to protect against ultraviolent radiation also makes it a great way to block the skin from the damages of the sun.
However, argan oil is perhaps best known as an effective anti-ageing solution. Possessing considerable antimicrobial properties, it nurtures the skin, preventing crow’s feet and wrinkles. Check here more information about argan oil for anti-ageing.
Additionally, it can tackle the degeneration of muscles, which happens naturally during the ageing process.
Keeping hair soft
The nourishing abilities of this organic oil make it a great conditioner to keep hair looking soft and strong. It is also often used to get rid of dandruff, working wonders on the scalp and tackling hair problems at the root.
Cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke, meaning it is important to tackle it head on. One way to do this is using argan oil, which contains oleic acid. This works to limit cholesterol and maintain healthy levels. Research has shown that taking the oil can help to lower cholesterol for over a month.
Keeping organs healthy
Argan oil has been found to have a protective effect for the heart and sex organs. Vitamin E works as an antioxidant, purifying and cleansing the body to keep organs healthy.
- Pure MCT Coconut Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed (Organic)20% OFFSpecial Price £8.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed20% OFFAs low as £4.80 Regular Price £6.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml20% OFFSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Argan Moroccan Organic Oil Virgin 100ml Fresh-pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £12.80 Regular Price £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)