Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How can you slow down the effects of aging?
Keeping yourself looking young goes hand in hand with acting young. How you feel on the inside will absolutely reflect itself in the way you look on the outside.
Being young is definitely a state of mind, so make sure that you do everything in your power to help you look and feel as young as possible.
Keep your body active
What better way to tell your body that you're young than to act like a teenager?
Exercise will keep your body looking trim and youthful, as well as releasing endorphins that make you feel happier and more confident in your looks.
You don't have to go over the top to feel the full benefit. Yoga is great for slowing down the effects of aging, as it relaxes the body and mind - keeping you supple, calm and young at heart.
…And your mind
Don't let getting older make you feel that you no longer need to be engaged with the world around you.
Keep abreast of the news and current affairs. This way, you'll be able to join in with conversations with absolutely anybody.
Other ways to keep your mind youthful are to write a blog, maintain hobbies and keep in touch with old friends.
Keeping up appearances
Making an effort with your appearance will simply make you feel better. You don't need an excuse to whack on the lippy and the blusher - do it just because you want to.
"The way you look influences how you feel," The Daily Mail says.
"One study measured the blood pressure of women before and after they had their hair dyed. Women who thought that they looked younger after the appointment showed a significant reduction in blood pressure."
Feeling good will encourage you to do other beneficial things. You are more likely to want to have people over, go shopping, try a new hobby if you feel comfortable in your own skin.
All of these activities keep you looking and feeling bright and youthful.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks