Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to avoid hot flushes the natural way
Women can suffer from hot flushes at any time in their life, but they are most frequent during the menopause.
They can be irritating, awkward, and most importantly, embarrassing to a woman.
The causes of hot flushes are not yet known, nor is there a definitive medicine to prohibit them.
However, there are some homeopathic remedies that many menopausal women swear by, helping to both prevent and stop flushes when they appear.
If you feel a hot flush coming on, try and relax. Stress and nervous energy make the flush last longer and become more intense.
Some women practice particular yoga positions when they feel themselves heating up. Breathing calmly and evenly helps to alleviate the flush, as well as keeping you relaxed.
A number of doctors have asserted that deep breathing can reduce the number of hot flushes that a woman suffers. Because of this, yoga may be worth practising even when you're not going through a hot flush.
Some individuals believe that flax seed can be just as effective as hormone replacement medication in calming the severity of hot flushes.
Flax seed is high in fibre so it keeps your body ticking over the way that it should. It is thought to reduce the number of hot flushes a woman gets.
Rich in omega 3, 6 and 9, flax seed oil also has great anti-inflammatory and healing properties.
Things to avoid
Sometimes prevention is the best cure, and there are some simple things you can avoid to lessen the chances of a hot flush coming on.
Many women have found that avoiding caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, hot or spicy foods and hot drinks has helped them during the menopause.
Of course, all women are different. It's best to cut out one thing at a time and see if it has a positive effect on you.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin