Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to get back in shape after a baby
Having a baby can be one of the most extreme changes your body experiences as it adapts to becoming home to a new life for nine months.
However, while this is completely natural, many women struggle to regain their figure after giving birth.
To get back in shape and concentrate on losing those extra pounds, Dr Joanna Helcke, pregnancy and postnatal fitness specialist and founder of Zest4lifeUK, has recommended a few tips.
Focussing on nutrition
Healthy living is a key aspect of pregnancy, however once the baby is born this doesn't mean you should pay any less attention to your nutritional intake.
Eating a balanced diet with plenty of vitamins and nutrients will be essential in giving you enough energy to tackle motherhood, and according to Dr Helcke it's likely you "will start to lose the baby weight at a steady and healthy rate within a matter of weeks, and without any notion of 'going on diet'".
Nutritional supplements can be useful aids in boosting vitamin levels, although fresh fruit and vegetables are every bit as important.
Introducing low impact exercise
"In terms of appropriate exercise for losing the baby weight, I tend to suggest walking as the number one option because it is something that new mums can easily do with their baby in a buggy," Dr Helcke said.
As you begin to regain your strength it's essential to incorporate body weight resistance work, "so as to build muscle mass which will, in turn, increase the metabolism," she explained.
This is especially useful in the abdominal area, due to the loss of tone and weakening which can take place during pregnancy.
Why not try rebuilding tone using Pilates or Yoga classes to gradually sculpt your body?
Stress has been proved to prevent weight loss, causing excess fat to reside around the stomach area.
Finding ways to relax when around a newborn can be difficult, however taking it in turns to wake up in the night or ascertaining ways to unwind are important during this stressful time.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin