Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to get back in shape after a baby
Having a baby can be one of the most extreme changes your body experiences as it adapts to becoming home to a new life for nine months.
However, while this is completely natural, many women struggle to regain their figure after giving birth.
To get back in shape and concentrate on losing those extra pounds, Dr Joanna Helcke, pregnancy and postnatal fitness specialist and founder of Zest4lifeUK, has recommended a few tips.
Focussing on nutrition
Healthy living is a key aspect of pregnancy, however once the baby is born this doesn't mean you should pay any less attention to your nutritional intake.
Eating a balanced diet with plenty of vitamins and nutrients will be essential in giving you enough energy to tackle motherhood, and according to Dr Helcke it's likely you "will start to lose the baby weight at a steady and healthy rate within a matter of weeks, and without any notion of 'going on diet'".
Nutritional supplements can be useful aids in boosting vitamin levels, although fresh fruit and vegetables are every bit as important.
Introducing low impact exercise
"In terms of appropriate exercise for losing the baby weight, I tend to suggest walking as the number one option because it is something that new mums can easily do with their baby in a buggy," Dr Helcke said.
As you begin to regain your strength it's essential to incorporate body weight resistance work, "so as to build muscle mass which will, in turn, increase the metabolism," she explained.
This is especially useful in the abdominal area, due to the loss of tone and weakening which can take place during pregnancy.
Why not try rebuilding tone using Pilates or Yoga classes to gradually sculpt your body?
Stress has been proved to prevent weight loss, causing excess fat to reside around the stomach area.
Finding ways to relax when around a newborn can be difficult, however taking it in turns to wake up in the night or ascertaining ways to unwind are important during this stressful time.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?