Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to keep your hands silky smooth this winter
Your hands are up against all sorts of elements and weather conditions on a daily basis, not to mention the impact lifting, holding and carrying things can have on your poor skin.
Now, as the winter months loom, it is more important than ever that you look after your mitts to keep them in tip-top condition.
Moisturise, moisture, moisturise
As they are so often subjected to washing, central heating and cold temperatures, hands can be seriously lacking in moisture if you're not careful. Using coconut oil is perfect to restore vital moisture to all of your body and can help to tackle dry and chapped skin on the hands. The back of your hands and between your fingers might need more coverage when applying cream, as the skin there is much thinner.
Use lukewarm water
Using lukewarm instead of piping hot water when washing can prevent hands from becoming chapped. Leaving your skin slightly damp when drying and choosing soaps made with antibacterial plant extracts can help to better absorb the moisture.
Save nail varnish for special occasions
What you might not know is that nail varnish can in fact weaken your nails, meaning they could become brittle and break if you wear it all the time. So, it might be worth considering only applying colour to your nails for special occasions.
Don't forget the sun protection
If the sun ever returns, it is important to put sun protection on your hands. Washing your hands frequently and sweating can rub the cream or lotion off, so reapplying regularly will keep skin safe and smooth.
Avoid the washing up
OK, so maybe this isn't strict advice, but using gloves when doing the dishes and avoiding the exposure of heavy duty cleaning products can also make a huge difference to the condition of your hands.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin