Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to keep your hands silky smooth this winter
Your hands are up against all sorts of elements and weather conditions on a daily basis, not to mention the impact lifting, holding and carrying things can have on your poor skin.
Now, as the winter months loom, it is more important than ever that you look after your mitts to keep them in tip-top condition.
Moisturise, moisture, moisturise
As they are so often subjected to washing, central heating and cold temperatures, hands can be seriously lacking in moisture if you're not careful. Using coconut oil is perfect to restore vital moisture to all of your body and can help to tackle dry and chapped skin on the hands. The back of your hands and between your fingers might need more coverage when applying cream, as the skin there is much thinner.
Use lukewarm water
Using lukewarm instead of piping hot water when washing can prevent hands from becoming chapped. Leaving your skin slightly damp when drying and choosing soaps made with antibacterial plant extracts can help to better absorb the moisture.
Save nail varnish for special occasions
What you might not know is that nail varnish can in fact weaken your nails, meaning they could become brittle and break if you wear it all the time. So, it might be worth considering only applying colour to your nails for special occasions.
Don't forget the sun protection
If the sun ever returns, it is important to put sun protection on your hands. Washing your hands frequently and sweating can rub the cream or lotion off, so reapplying regularly will keep skin safe and smooth.
Avoid the washing up
OK, so maybe this isn't strict advice, but using gloves when doing the dishes and avoiding the exposure of heavy duty cleaning products can also make a huge difference to the condition of your hands.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.