Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to keep your hands silky smooth this winter
Your hands are up against all sorts of elements and weather conditions on a daily basis, not to mention the impact lifting, holding and carrying things can have on your poor skin.
Now, as the winter months loom, it is more important than ever that you look after your mitts to keep them in tip-top condition.
Moisturise, moisture, moisturise
As they are so often subjected to washing, central heating and cold temperatures, hands can be seriously lacking in moisture if you're not careful. Using coconut oil is perfect to restore vital moisture to all of your body and can help to tackle dry and chapped skin on the hands. The back of your hands and between your fingers might need more coverage when applying cream, as the skin there is much thinner.
Use lukewarm water
Using lukewarm instead of piping hot water when washing can prevent hands from becoming chapped. Leaving your skin slightly damp when drying and choosing soaps made with antibacterial plant extracts can help to better absorb the moisture.
Save nail varnish for special occasions
What you might not know is that nail varnish can in fact weaken your nails, meaning they could become brittle and break if you wear it all the time. So, it might be worth considering only applying colour to your nails for special occasions.
Don't forget the sun protection
If the sun ever returns, it is important to put sun protection on your hands. Washing your hands frequently and sweating can rub the cream or lotion off, so reapplying regularly will keep skin safe and smooth.
Avoid the washing up
OK, so maybe this isn't strict advice, but using gloves when doing the dishes and avoiding the exposure of heavy duty cleaning products can also make a huge difference to the condition of your hands.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Very informative blog. I liked it, as information shared is very detailed One. I really appreciate the effort taken for sharing & making knowledge available for everyone. It’s kind of help for well being of we human beings/ Body&Soul.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Anoni, Ashwagandha is a stress reliever and controls the production of stress-inducing hormones. High production of cortisol can compromise the production of progesterone. When Ashwagandha controls cortisol, it automatically stabilises progesterone production levels. Hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello, As Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, there are numerous ways that it can help you depending on what time of day it is. Most people like to use Ashwagandha in the morning as it has some benefits when it comes to naturally reducing anxiety which could help throughout the day. However, others take it at night to help with sleep. If you are having difficulty sleeping, take it before bed. Otherwise, it does not matter at what time of day you take it as long as you are consistent from day to day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDoes it help increase Progesterone in women?
- Carrot Oil for Face is mixing of avocado oil with carrot oil, neem oil and orange oil a perfect combination for a dark skin person moroever based on my research I found out that these are non comedogenic oil
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have your Ashwagandha capsules it says to take two a day is that two at night or one in the morning and one in the evening?