Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to Make your Home Smell like Christmas
Make your home smell like Christmas in the preparation and anticipation of what’s often thought of as the best time of the year! A time for appreciating and being thankful for your loved ones, planning amazing food, making time for friends, and hibernating a little bit in thick, warm jumpers and cosy socks. It’s a time for hibernation and to slow down and reflect on what has been and the New Year fast approaching. At this time of the year, we spend a lot of time at home, so we may as well make it smell amazing for everyone to enjoy!
Christmas Aroma Oil Blends for your Home
These aroma oil blends can all be diffused or added to a steaming bath to make your home smell like Christmas, ready for all the guests and special moments you will be welcoming in.
Stress-reducing Frankincense combined with earthy, grounding Carrot Seed oil and anxiety busting, uplifting Sweet Orange. Inspired by Rudolph’s favourite treat, this calming, grounding blend will help you feel as grounded as Rudolph needs to be in order to achieve his job of flying Santa all over the world in only one magical night.
2 drops of Carrot Seed
2 drops of Frankincense
3 drops of Sweet Orange
Eucalyptus is used to calm, grapefruit is incredibly uplifting and ginger is warming. This is the aroma that one imagines Santa’s grotto smells like, to keep Santa’s elves happy and healthy so that their hands can work as fast as possible in the busy run-up to Christmas.
2 drops of frankincense
2 drops of clove
2 drops of grapefruit
The Happy Snowman
This blend will leave you feeling warm despite the cold. This blend is inspired by wrapping up warm on Christmas day to walk off Christmas dinner with your family. Cedarwood improves focus and mental clarity, eucalyptus purifies, ginger warms and invigorates. The perfect combination to feel energised and alive and to keep that warm feeling lasting for the rest of the day.
3 drops of Cedarwood
2 drops of Eucalyptus
2 drops of Ginger
Spiced Christmas Cookies
The smell of baked goods at Christmas time makes the house seem even more cosy and a place you definitely don’t want to leave for the cold outside. But we all know that Christmas is a busy time, so if there really is no time to make spiced cookies, you can recreate the smell in your diffuser with this aroma oil blend.
5 drops of Orange
3 drops of Lemon
3 drops of Ginger
Road to Bethlehem
Inspired by the journey that the three wise men took to Bethlehem, this blend is calming as well as uplifting. Diffusing myrrh is helpful for upper respiratory infections and is often used as a meditative essential oil. It’s known to be grounding and to mellow out the emotions. Frankincense is also calming and combats negative emotions to balance out mood.
3 drops of Frankincense
3 drops of Myrrh
3 drops of Cedarwood
5 drops of Sweet Orange (optional for a fruitier aroma)
Christmas Morning Excitement
Wake up with the energy and excitement of knowing you have a whole day ahead relaxing, spending time with loved ones and eating lots of food. Try this energising, uplifting and purifying blend to set the mood of the day.
2 drops of Clove
3 drops of Grapefruit
3 drops of Black Pepper
3 drops of Eucalyptus
What will your home smell like this Christmas? Which blends will you be using?
Written by Jess Burman
BA (Honours) in Writing
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks