Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to use a Tongue Scraper and its benefits
01 Nov 2018
Read 2267 Times
Often people ask, how to use a tongue scraper and find the whole contraption quite strange looking but really its as simple as it looks! The tongue scraper originates from India, specifically Ayurveda, the practise of ancient Indian medicine recommends tongue cleaning as an essential part of daily hygiene.
Tongue cleaning is meant to remove some of the millions of bacteria (up to 500 different types, decaying food debris, fungi (such as Candida), and dead cells, from the surface of the rear of the tongue.
Tongue cleaning is generally viewed as the solution for most cases of halitosis, or bad breath. Scientific studies have shown that in approximately 80-95% of cases, bad breath originates in the oral cavity, mainly from material on the rear of the tongue.
Tooth brushing and mouthwashes are not as effective as removing oral debris on the tongue, at best they mask bad breath. Tongue cleaning is by far the most effective way of combating bad breath.
How to use a Tongue Cleaner
Step 1 : Stick out your tongue as far as possible
Step 2 : Take the two ends of the tongue scraper and reach the arch of it to the back of your tongue.
Step 3 : Scrape firmly forward several times, rinsing the mucous off the scraper between. Don?t be afraid to apply strength when scraping.
Step 4 : Rinse the mouth once you are done
Step 5 : Wash your tongue scraper thoroughly in hot water, dry and put away.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.