Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How to use a Tongue Scraper and its benefits
01 Nov 2018
Read 2128 Times
Often people ask, how to use a tongue scraper and find the whole contraption quite strange looking but really its as simple as it looks! The tongue scraper originates from India, specifically Ayurveda, the practise of ancient Indian medicine recommends tongue cleaning as an essential part of daily hygiene.
Tongue cleaning is meant to remove some of the millions of bacteria (up to 500 different types, decaying food debris, fungi (such as Candida), and dead cells, from the surface of the rear of the tongue.
Tongue cleaning is generally viewed as the solution for most cases of halitosis, or bad breath. Scientific studies have shown that in approximately 80-95% of cases, bad breath originates in the oral cavity, mainly from material on the rear of the tongue.
Tooth brushing and mouthwashes are not as effective as removing oral debris on the tongue, at best they mask bad breath. Tongue cleaning is by far the most effective way of combating bad breath.
How to use a Tongue Cleaner
Step 1 : Stick out your tongue as far as possible
Step 2 : Take the two ends of the tongue scraper and reach the arch of it to the back of your tongue.
Step 3 : Scrape firmly forward several times, rinsing the mucous off the scraper between. Don?t be afraid to apply strength when scraping.
Step 4 : Rinse the mouth once you are done
Step 5 : Wash your tongue scraper thoroughly in hot water, dry and put away.
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.