Cookies on fushi.co.uk
How To Use Flax Seed Oil
How To Use Flax Seed Oil
By Jade Ellis
Internal use for organic Flaxseed oil
For a get a good level of omega 3 in your diet, the starting point should be 1 teaspoon daily. If you are trying to address more specific health concerns, you may want to increase to 2 tablespoons. Fushi’s organic flaxseed oil can be taken straight by the teaspoon, or it can be made into a salad dressing, or mixed into smoothies, juices, oats, yogurt, or cottage cheese. Organic Flaxseed oil and cottage cheese has tremendous health benefits if taken together. The Budwig protocol, created by Dr Joanna Budwig was the leading biochemist for dietary fats and oils in Germany. The Budwig diet was created to help flight illnesses caused by trans and rancid fats, inflammatory foods and lack of healing foods.
Cooking with Flaxseed oil
Our cold pressed Flax oil has a wonderful mellow and nutty taste which makes the oil a joy to consume and easy to incorporate into everyday foods and cooking routines. Omega 3 is the sensitive nutrient and it is important when cooking with Flaxseed to not cook at hot temperatures. It should be heated gently, like all unsaturated oils. It is extensively used as a dressing/oil for foods and useful as it thickens sauces without needing to be cooked. You can use Flax oil for drizzling over salads or vegetables, or in soup or porridge.
External use for organic flaxseed oil
Flaxseed oil for skin
Massage into affected area daily. Organic flaxseed oil can be applied topically to the skin; the omega 3 content has an anti-inflammatory effect and seals in moisture. We recommend applying it just before bedtime for smoother softer skin or add a teaspoon to a hot bath together with other essential oils.
Organic Flaxseed oil contains EFA’s and proteins that prevents skin from losing its bounce, which happens naturally with age, When applied on the skin it can help plump the skin and repair skin cells. You may also see an improvement in the elasticity of the skin and the firmness, tone and texture.
Organic flaxseed oil has anti-inflammatory properties which help minimise irritation of the skin and redness. Flax oil may help a rash or sunburn heal quicker once applied. There are also antioxidants in linseed which are of high concentrate; this can protect the skin against UV rays and free radicals.
Flaxseed oil is very beneficial for skin conditions such as psoriasis, rosacea, acne, dermatitis and eczema. These fatty acids can act as a balance the skins oils and help the skin to repair through reducing inflammation. It is well known that dull or blemished skin can improve once a good quality Flaxseed oil is applied.
Flaxseed oil for hair
Flaxseed oil can help boost your hair and get rid of your dry scalp. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of flaxseed which promote a healthy environment for hair growth in your scalp. Fushi’s cold pressed, organic flaxseed oil is of the highest quality which is integral for the hair, as it can preserve nutrients such as vitamin E, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids. Linseed oil can improve your hairs strength and shine through the extremely high Alpha Linoleic acid content of flax seeds, which is even more concentrated in cold pressed flax oil like ours. You can brush flaxseed oil through tangled or tired hair, or use as hair mask. You should see immediate results through applying a flaxseed hair mask once or twice a week.
Applying a Flaxseed hair mask
First start by wetting your hair in the shower and dry off excess water so the hair is damp. Pour a small amount of flax oil into the palm of your hand and massage gently all over the scalp. Next, brush your hair and then wrap your hair in a towel (you will have a better effect if the towel is slightly warmed) and leave in the oil for 15 to 20 minutes. After this you can wash your hair with a light shampoo, and you may not need conditioner as the flax oil will have left tour hair much softer and shinier than a conditioner would.
Organic Flaxseed seed oil is very rich in omega-3, this is a delicate and reactive molecule which is why it is so good for us which unfortunately also means it can oxidise very fast if not properly cared for. If you do want to keep your Flaxseed oil fresher for longer, we recommend storing in the fridge or in a cool dark place. Flax oil is very sensitive to light, so if left in strong sunlight oil can go rancid and bitter in less than an hour. It is always best to store Organic Flaxseed oil away from direct light and in the dark.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.