Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Indian head massage for glorious hair
Getting long and glossy locks isn't just about the products you use or the way you style them, as there are ways that you can encourage growth and health in your hair that don't involve cosmetics. Indian head massage is a great way to encourage your hair to grow faster and healthier, which could mean that you end up with long and gorgeous tresses in no time.
Indian head massage is a type of therapy that was created thousands of years ago. It is derived from the Ayurvedic tradition of massage that focuses on the neck, shoulders and head. As well as helping to reduce stress and increase your feeling of wellbeing, Indian head massage can help to stimulate your hair follicles.
Massaging your scalp can help to improve the blood circulation throughout your head, which can lead to healthier hair. This is because the improved blood flow to the follicles can improve their function, meaning that hair grows faster, but also healthier. Indian head massage also helps to improve lymphatic drainage, which enables toxins that could impact hair growth and health to be removed from the body.
While it is best to receive an Indian head massage from someone else, as this helps you to fully relax and means that you can receive a full massage, reaching areas that would otherwise be out of reach to yourself, you can get some of the benefits from using similar techniques on a regular basis.
When performing a head massage on yourself, ensure that you are somewhere quiet and away from distractions. The massage will still help you to relax, even if you are doing it yourself, so it is best to make the most of this. You can also put on some quiet music, light candles or fragrance the room with incense if you want the full experience.
If you want to make use of oils, you can; however, they aren't always necessary. Using a small amount of jojoba, argan or marula oil can help to make the massage easier, provide more nourishment to your scalp and help to improve the condition of your hair. If you haven't got time for this, you can also perform a dry massage.
Sit back in a chair or space that provides support for your back but that doesn't restrict your movements. Simply close your eyes and take a few deep breathes in order to fully relax.
Start the massage by pushing both hands through your hair as you rub your fingers over the scalp. Do this slowly for the best effect, using a pressure that is comfortable for you. Repeat this step three or four times, either keeping the pressure the same or varying it.
Next, gather up handfuls of your hair from close to your scalp. Very gently, slowly tug your hair as you move your hands down the length of it. Repeat across the head until you have done this to every section of hair. This will help to remove tension from your scalp.
Use the heels of your hands to rub your temples in circular movements to further release tensions before moving your hands backwards to also massage your neck. Once your hands reach the back of your neck, use your thumb to massage the base of your skull in small circular movements, once again applying the right amount of pressure for you.
You should also massage each shoulder in turn, by gently squeezing the muscles from your neck down to your hands. Complete the massage by simply pushing your hands over your face and through your hair to the back of your skull. You'll find that the process leaves you feeling relaxed and that doing this one of twice a week could lead to healthier and longer hair.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)