Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Keep grey hairs at bay
Getting grey hair is something that most women battle with at some point.
It can make a woman look a lot older than she actually is, as well as affecting her confidence and making her feel a lot more granny-esque than she really is.
If you're feeling a bit down in the dumps about the odd stray, then fight the greys head on with these top tips.
Load up on vitamins
One of the best ways to prevent grey hairs is by stocking up on nutritional supplements that contain loads of vitamins and minerals.
Scientifically, greys crop up because we don't have enough of the pigment melanin.
Handy little vitamins and minerals inject some of that much-needed melanin into our systems, which helps our hair grow to its optimum. Brown, blonde, red - anything but grey!
Use a kind shampoo
Shampoos that have a bunch of chemicals and unnatural products in them are thought to harm our hair and bring out more greys than any woman wants.
Instead of lathering yourself up with a high street product, try a kind herbal shampoo.
It doesn't smell half bad, either.
It does seem that the answer to every ailment under the sun is stocking up on fruit and veg, but the most obvious answers are often the best!
Staying in tip-top condition reflects everywhere in our bodies, even down to our hair.
If there wasn't already enough reasons to get your five a day, keeping grey hairs at bay is just another to add to the list.
If you've got it, flaunt it
Who says that grey hair has to make you feel unsexy?
When you notice your hair going gray, either "embrace or disguise it depending on your individual style," Toni & Guy has said.
Grey hair can look just as beautiful with the right style, and if you're not comfortable with it, simply cover it up.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks