Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Kickstart your fitness regime this winter
With winter closing in and summer waving goodbye, it’s easy to fall into lazy routines and forget about keeping fit and healthy. Staying in with a hearty meal and a cup of hot chocolate seems a lot more appealing than going for a run in the rain and the cold.
Looking trim may also become less of a priority in winter, as we can cover up our bodies with baggy jumpers and winter coats. However, exercise has physical and emotional benefits that cannot be forgotten in winter. Your exercise regime doesn’t have to consist of freezing in the local park – there are many ways that you can stay fit without turning into an icicle.
Activities like yoga are a great way to begin your winter fitness regime. With yoga, you have the ability to stay indoors and keep warm while you practice your moves. Yoga is also great if your regime has slackened over summer, as it is a simple and gentle exercise that doesn’t require too much movement. If you’re feeling a little bleak about the cold approaching as well, yoga is an ideal way to relax and relieve stress.
It’s much harder to motivate yourself to get up and out when the sun isn’t shining – so a perfect way to bring yourself back into the world of exercise is to partner up. It’s much more difficult to cancel plans with a friend than to tell yourself you’re not going to go out, so make sure you find a pal who wants to keep fit too. Gabrielle Nathan, freelance health and fitness writer, says that support from others is essential. "If you enjoy running my tip would be to join a running club where you're going to get support and coaching from people who are qualified and experienced."
The sunning season may be over, but according to Gabrielle Nathan, organising a trip to somewhere with a warmer climate and opportunities for fitness can be a superb way to get motivated towards a healthier lifestyle. She claims that living in a cold climate can make you lose your drive, and therefore going abroad could be the perfect opportunity to restart your fitness regime.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?