Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Laughing your way to brilliant benefits
It's no joke: Laughter could improve things for people when it comes to healthy living.
It is thought that there are a range of benefits associated with this common reaction to humour! So perhaps sticking on your favourite sitcom or going to see that comedian you love could help you in ways you're not yet aware of...
The sources of laughter
There are a variety of situations that might be home to laughter: Indeed, it's a pleasant sensation that can arrive at almost any moment!
Many of us scour the internet for funny stories to read, for example, as well as watching funny TV shows or listening to comedy on the radio because laughter is a great experience.
We might well head to a festive panto expecting laughter, and we certainly feel we'll have a giggle if we go and see stand up!
Simply being sat with your colleagues at work or your family at home can create a source of laughter in the right circumstance. It's one of the most lovely parts of life.
Often we're attracted to people, both when it comes to friends and potential romantic partners, if they make us laugh. And it pleases us if someone we want to like us laughs at things we say - at least when we're trying to be funny!
Some think that laughter is able to play a part in making you feel less stressed.
And several years ago, the American Physiological Society reported that a study had discovered that anticipating an experience of humorous and positive laughter could bring down levels of stress hormones.
It came after the same people who found this discovered that anticipating an experience of mirthful laughter gave a boost to hormones that protected health, back in 2006.
"Our findings lead us to believe that by seeking out positive experiences that make us laugh we can do a lot with our physiology to stay well," commented lead researcher Dr Lee Berk in a 2008 APS press release.
The 2008 study showed that anticipating a certain situation which might prompt laughter brought cortisol, adrenaline and dopac levels down in participants.
Ideas for laughing more
If there isn't much laughter in your life at the moment, why not take the time to do some things that could really add a little more humour to your life - it could make things much more fun, as well as funny!
Go and see a comedian: There are a range of different funny men and women out there and they often go on tour. If one comes to your town, you could treat yourself to an evening of laughter in their presence.
Give yourself a sitcom treat: With a box set of your favourite funny show, you could have hours of laughter on your hands - great for chilling out with after work!
Find some funny friends: People who really make you laugh can be among the best to be around, so seek out company that will put a smile on your face by chatting with people who say things that bring the giggles on!
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks