Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Lift your mood this winter with aromatherapy oils
If you feel like you're suffering from the winter blues, you're not the only one.
There are plenty of things that you can do to overcome your seasonal sadness, one of which is investing in some aromatherapy oils.
The main constituent of peppermint oil is menthol, which imparts the famous heady, minty aroma and cooling sensation when smelt.
It can be used as a calming flavour in teas and drinks, as well as to aid the digestive system.
"Being carminative in nature, peppermint oil helps to dispel gas. It also eases stomach and bowel spasms and is the best antidote for an upset stomach," Dr Candall explained.
If your stomach is in knots this winter, try adding this to your food or drink to calm down your tummy, and yourself.
Geranium essential oil
This oil is great for calming down those pesky hormones, and is especially beneficial for women who suffer from PMS or are going through the menopause.
The essential oil is composed of various chemical constituents and includes a-pinene, myrcene, limonene, menthone, linalool, geranyl acetate, citronellol, geraniol and geranyl butyrate.
These components are thought to be great at naturally solving skin problems such as eczema and dermatitis.
Lavender essential oil
Lavender oil is perfect for those who are feeling particularly anxious over the winter months.
Drop this on your pillow or put a few drops into your bath and the pleasing aroma is thought to aid an easy and calm sleep.
Studies by the University of Maryland suggest that massage with lavender results in "improved sleep quality, more stable mood, better concentration, and reduced anxiety".
"In one recent study, people who received massage with lavender felt less anxious and more positive than those who received massage alone," the findings said.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin