Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Lift your mood this winter with aromatherapy oils
If you feel like you're suffering from the winter blues, you're not the only one.
There are plenty of things that you can do to overcome your seasonal sadness, one of which is investing in some aromatherapy oils.
The main constituent of peppermint oil is menthol, which imparts the famous heady, minty aroma and cooling sensation when smelt.
It can be used as a calming flavour in teas and drinks, as well as to aid the digestive system.
"Being carminative in nature, peppermint oil helps to dispel gas. It also eases stomach and bowel spasms and is the best antidote for an upset stomach," Dr Candall explained.
If your stomach is in knots this winter, try adding this to your food or drink to calm down your tummy, and yourself.
Geranium essential oil
This oil is great for calming down those pesky hormones, and is especially beneficial for women who suffer from PMS or are going through the menopause.
The essential oil is composed of various chemical constituents and includes a-pinene, myrcene, limonene, menthone, linalool, geranyl acetate, citronellol, geraniol and geranyl butyrate.
These components are thought to be great at naturally solving skin problems such as eczema and dermatitis.
Lavender essential oil
Lavender oil is perfect for those who are feeling particularly anxious over the winter months.
Drop this on your pillow or put a few drops into your bath and the pleasing aroma is thought to aid an easy and calm sleep.
Studies by the University of Maryland suggest that massage with lavender results in "improved sleep quality, more stable mood, better concentration, and reduced anxiety".
"In one recent study, people who received massage with lavender felt less anxious and more positive than those who received massage alone," the findings said.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.