Cookies on fushi.co.uk
REBOOT, REPLENSISH AND REVITALISE FOR THE NEW YEAR!
“The physician who knows how to harmonize the liver knows how to treat the hundred diseases.” – Ancient Chinese Medicine.
By Jade Ellis
WHY IS THE LIVER SO IMPORTANT?
Your liver is one of the largest and hardest working organs in the body – soimportant for a healthy functioning body! Without the liver, it is impossible to have a properly working metabolism, healthy circulation, balanced hormones, clean blood and strong digestion.
Liver health is of high importance in Ayurvedic and Naturopathic medicine. In the view of natural medicine, we need to create a warming and nourishing environment in the body that helps the liver, so it can work at its best level.
There are several issues which can compromise liver function; however, there are certain ways we can try to help the liver. A great, natural way to support the liver is through a number of different herbs which can act to support the functions of this incredibly significant organ!
WHAT HERBS CAN HELP THE FUNCTIONING OF MY LIVER?
Milk Thistle is known by many names such as St Marys Thistle, blessed Milk Thistle, which all have clear connotations of healing power.
Milk Thistle is native to Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and parts of the Mediterranean. However, it can also be found around the world. The herb is now grown in sunnier climates worldwide and can be found further north too. Many gardeners consider it a weed due to the speed with which it grows. Milk thistle can actually grow to be ten feet high!
The first written evidence of the use of Milk Thistle, dates back to 40CE when the herb was written about for its ability to treat children and snake bites. Europeans were among the first to use Milk Thistle seeds as an herbal treatment for liver disorders.Milk Thistle has been used medicinally all around the world! Many of civilization’s earliest botanists and pharmacists in ancient Greece and Rome used Milk Thistle to aid in bile-related problems, which is produced by the liver.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, it is known as ‘shuifeiji’ and is said to clear heat and remove toxicity from the body. This herb really is one of a kind!
WHAT CAN MILK THISTLE BE USED FOR?
This cleansing herb has been known to help with the detoxification of the liver, to help regenerate damaged liver tissue, stimulate bile production and improve digestion.
Milk Thistle has antioxidant properties that can help detoxify the liver and help it stay healthy! It has been tested extensively for its ability to treat a range of liver conditions – and it is recommended by herbalists to complement a healthy cleanse of the liver.
MILK THISTLE’S ACTIVE INGREDIENT – WHAT IS SILYMARIN?
The purple flowers of Milk Thistle can each contain up to 190 seeds, which have the most medicinal benefit as they contain Silymarin, the effective ingredient in Milk Thistle extract.
Silymarin, a unique flavonoid complex derived from the Milk Thistle plant, Carduus Marianus.
This compound is both anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant. Silymarin is a very important of Milk Thistle, which is why we have created a Milk Thistle supplement which is high strength – with 80% Silymarin! This makes for a very high absorption rate which will help the compounds known factors, to boost the immune system, and help counteract damage within the body.
Milk Thistle Extract High Strength, also contains Globe Artichoke which is a powerful liver and digestive tonic. This herb is one of the key hepatoprotective remedies. The ingredients used in Fushi’s Milk Thistle Extract are liver and gall bladder tonics, a good choice for a gentle detox. This extract may also help with overindulgence and may assist with weight management goals, due to the bitter qualities of the ingredients. This blend may also help with energy levels as the liver is cleansed, therefore resulting in an improved mood!
MORE INCREDIBLE CLEANSING HERBS!
Turmeric is well-known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties for the body. Due to this Turmeric can be used to support the liver and is known for its protective qualities. In Ayurveda this is a very well-known benefit of Turmeric. Turmeric is known to be able to help remove toxins, support the liver in the production of bile, and help to remove excess cholesterol.
Curcumin, one of the active ingredients in Turmeric, is believed to be able to communicate with liver cells to product more LDL receptors. LDL is the ‘bad’ cholesterol that you want removed from the body! Due to increase in receptors, more cholesterol can be cleared. Studies have shown that LDL receptors can increase when liver cells are treated with Turmeric - what an amazing herb!
Fushi’s Turmeric C3 & Bioperine Extract (500mg high strength) is a curcumin complex with black pepper, which has been used to improve the absorption and utilisation of this powerful compound.
Dandelion Root has been known to benefit in detoxifying the liver and promoting bile production. In the folk medicine of many countries, Dandelion is used as a liver tonic to stimulate a sluggish or congested liver. This herb has been known to help clean the liver and gallbladder, and it is also believed to be important for removal of toxins. Due to this, the plant may also act to boost the production of natural, healthy bacteria of the gastrointestinal tract.
Dandelion Root Organic Tincture, 100ml, £8.00
YELLOW DOCK ROOT
Yellow Dock Root is traditionally thought of as a blood purifier and general detoxifier, especially for the liver. This herb has been known to help to support detoxification through stimulating bile production. This helps with digestion, particularly of fats. Yellow Dock Root may help to stimulate the digestive system, and assist in the removal of waste which can help in the prevention of toxins!
Milk Thistle Extract High Strength, 60 caps, £14.00
- Dandelion Root Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £12.00
- Milk Thistle Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 CapsAs low as £9.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy