Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Look alive! Get rid of tired eyes
There's nothing worse than someone telling you that you look tired. Everyone knows that the statement simply means "love, you're not looking your best."
Before reaching for the concealer and non-organic make-up, which does nothing for your complexion in the long term, try these natural tips to fight tired eyes.
Dark circles under eyes can be down to a lack of water in your diet.
"Dark circles are often a sign of dehydration, so the only way to improve them is to drink plentiful quantities of water or herbal teas," said Jane Druker, health and beauty expert.
She recommends at least eight glasses of water per day, and for individuals to avoid alcohol as this can disrupt sleep.
Dermatologist Valerie Goldburt claims that salt can have a big effect on how tired we look.
"We have the thinnest skin around our eyes, so it's the area that's most influenced by the in-and-out flow of fluids," she asserted.
"Water always travels from areas in the body where there's low salt concentration to tissues where there's more salt."
To avoid puffiness, cut as much salt as possible out of your diet.
Take your make up off
It's so easy to forget, but we women need to remember to take all our make up off before we sleep.
"Sleeping in eye makeup can irritate your eyes, causing fluids to pool," Ms Goldburt said.
Obviously the main reason we look tired is because we are tired.
Sometimes just getting enough sleep isn't enough, however, it's the quality of sleep that counts, according to Sammy Margo, a sleep expert.
She advises implementing a strict bedtime routine, which should include sleeping in a cool room and having a hot, milky drink before nodding off.
"Reduce your alcohol intake by 20 per cent if you can and try and figure out what your caffeine cut off time is," she also advised.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks