Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Look alive! Get rid of tired eyes
There's nothing worse than someone telling you that you look tired. Everyone knows that the statement simply means "love, you're not looking your best."
Before reaching for the concealer and non-organic make-up, which does nothing for your complexion in the long term, try these natural tips to fight tired eyes.
Dark circles under eyes can be down to a lack of water in your diet.
"Dark circles are often a sign of dehydration, so the only way to improve them is to drink plentiful quantities of water or herbal teas," said Jane Druker, health and beauty expert.
She recommends at least eight glasses of water per day, and for individuals to avoid alcohol as this can disrupt sleep.
Dermatologist Valerie Goldburt claims that salt can have a big effect on how tired we look.
"We have the thinnest skin around our eyes, so it's the area that's most influenced by the in-and-out flow of fluids," she asserted.
"Water always travels from areas in the body where there's low salt concentration to tissues where there's more salt."
To avoid puffiness, cut as much salt as possible out of your diet.
Take your make up off
It's so easy to forget, but we women need to remember to take all our make up off before we sleep.
"Sleeping in eye makeup can irritate your eyes, causing fluids to pool," Ms Goldburt said.
Obviously the main reason we look tired is because we are tired.
Sometimes just getting enough sleep isn't enough, however, it's the quality of sleep that counts, according to Sammy Margo, a sleep expert.
She advises implementing a strict bedtime routine, which should include sleeping in a cool room and having a hot, milky drink before nodding off.
"Reduce your alcohol intake by 20 per cent if you can and try and figure out what your caffeine cut off time is," she also advised.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)