Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Look alive! Get rid of tired eyes
There's nothing worse than someone telling you that you look tired. Everyone knows that the statement simply means "love, you're not looking your best."
Before reaching for the concealer and non-organic make-up, which does nothing for your complexion in the long term, try these natural tips to fight tired eyes.
Dark circles under eyes can be down to a lack of water in your diet.
"Dark circles are often a sign of dehydration, so the only way to improve them is to drink plentiful quantities of water or herbal teas," said Jane Druker, health and beauty expert.
She recommends at least eight glasses of water per day, and for individuals to avoid alcohol as this can disrupt sleep.
Dermatologist Valerie Goldburt claims that salt can have a big effect on how tired we look.
"We have the thinnest skin around our eyes, so it's the area that's most influenced by the in-and-out flow of fluids," she asserted.
"Water always travels from areas in the body where there's low salt concentration to tissues where there's more salt."
To avoid puffiness, cut as much salt as possible out of your diet.
Take your make up off
It's so easy to forget, but we women need to remember to take all our make up off before we sleep.
"Sleeping in eye makeup can irritate your eyes, causing fluids to pool," Ms Goldburt said.
Obviously the main reason we look tired is because we are tired.
Sometimes just getting enough sleep isn't enough, however, it's the quality of sleep that counts, according to Sammy Margo, a sleep expert.
She advises implementing a strict bedtime routine, which should include sleeping in a cool room and having a hot, milky drink before nodding off.
"Reduce your alcohol intake by 20 per cent if you can and try and figure out what your caffeine cut off time is," she also advised.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.