Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Lose Weight Without losing out
If a few pounds have piled on but a summer full of lettuce leaves and rice cakes isn?t for you ? we are here to help! The goods news is that there is no need for your favourite foods to become fond memories, in fact many nutrition experts now believe that successful and sustainable weight loss can be a achieved through merely understanding and sticking to sensible portions sizes.
It’s true. Many of us often eat more than we need to, and this can be as big an obstacle to weight control as what we eat. You may have noticed that when eating out, the plates are over-filled with food and then there is usually an added side dish holding more chips, vegetables or sauces than you really need or than you could possibly eat??although if its there we will generally give it a go! Unfortunately we seem to have taken this habit for supersizing into our own kitchens and seem to have lost sight of how much is enough. This is a habit that needs to change if you are serious about your weight loss.
It’s easy to control portions without resorting to weighing and measuring with just a few simple steps:
? The simplest way to reduce the amount of food on your plate is to use a smaller plate in the first place. This will not only make your plate look fuller, but will automatically reduce the amount you put onto it.
? Start each meal with a salad, or eat some of your vegetables before your meat/potato portion to help fill you up with low calorie foods first
? Once you have finished your serving of food wait at least ten minutes before considering a refill. This will give your stomach time to tell your brain whether it is full or not. A healthy sense of satiety should be a feeling of satisfaction ? if you feel bloated or uncomfortable you have eaten more than you need
? You can also get used to cooking less food in the first place. If you are just cooking for yourself, and you know that you often cook more than you need, then automatically reduce everything by one third. This will not only help you save money but will help you to control your eating
? Drinking a small glass of water before a meal can also help to fill you up and reduce the need for additional food.
? When you’re eating out, choose smaller dishes, or eat from the starter menu. If you’re out with a friend, get something to share and order a salad or vegetables on the side. Alternatively, order a normal meal, but only eat what you need to and don?t be afraid to leave the rest.
Ultimately, getting a healthy diet is about getting the right foods in the right amounts. Here are a few tips to bear in mind when you are next dishing-up..
? The meat or other protein-based part of your meal should be around the size of a deck of cards.
? The starchy part of your meal, for example: the rice, potatoes, bread or grains should be around the size of one tennis ball or your balled fist.
? If possible, fruits and vegetables should fill around half of your plate.
? Fats and oils should be kept to a minimum, for example: less than one tablespoon. Always measure them out on a tablespoon as it is easy to over pour straight from the bottle.
Take one meal using different ratios of each food
Chicken breast (size of a pack of cards)
Chicken breast (large)
2 boiled potatoes
3 boiled potatoes
« cup of broccoli
¬ cup of broccoli
« cup of cabbage
¬ cup of cabbage
« cup of carrots
¬ cup of carrots
¬ cup of gravy
¬ cup of gravy
125ml glass of white wine
175ml glass of white wine
2 squares of chocolate
1 bar of chocolate
Foods to Indulge in
Weight loss should not just be about limiting intake, it can be about adding certain weight loss enhancing foods into your diet. Here are a few tips to try:
? Snack attack ? eating smaller amounts regularly can reduce sweet cravings and blood sugar slumps, one of the causes of weight gain
? Be creative ? add a variety of colourful fruit and vegetables to all your meals such as fruit on your breakfast cereal, or salad to sandwiches
? Binge on metabolism boosters ? chillies, lemons and green tea have all been found to boost metabolism so try a glass of lemon juice and warm water to start the day
? Lecithin is more ? try sprinkling a tbsp of lecithin granules on your breakfast or over salads. Lecithin contains a type of lipid called phospholipids which help carry excess cholesterol and saturated fats to the liver for removal from the body
? Ensure you get your micronutrients ? certain nutrients such as magnesium, B vitamins and chromium help you digest and absorb your food properly making sure carbohydrate and fat are utilised instead of stored. So include dark green leafy vegetables, beans, tomatoes, onions, seeds, nuts
? Protein ? have some protein with every snack and meal as this will help you feel fuller for longer
If you want to eat more?.you need to exercise more. Exercise increases your metabolism and burning off excess fat. When is the best time to exercise? Our metabolism slows down about 8 hours after we wake up, so 30 minutes of exercise in the evening, before dinner will increase your metabolism for about two to three more hours just when it was starting to slow down. This produces a significant increase in fat burned off, even after the exercise is over.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy