Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Losing weight is a gradual process, experts have said
Despite popular belief, losing weight is not about quick, dramatic diets. In fact, yo-yo dieting has been proven to be both dangerous and ineffective.
"To keep weight off you must adopt a healthy diet that you can maintain long-term… you need to be thinking about a diet and healthy lifestyle that you can realistically continue permanently," explained Alison Wetton, founder and CEO of All About Weight.
Nutritionists advise a few simple life changes to help you lose weight and keep it off.
Plan your menu
One of the main pitfalls when it comes to putting on weight is eating on the go.
Not only is this more expensive, a lack of planning means that you'll go for quick and easy food which is often the unhealthiest.
Make a plan of your weekly meals, get the shop in, and then eating badly is simply off the cards!
Burning off more calories than you put in is the essence of dieting, making exercise absolutely vital in the weight loss process.
However, instead of indulging in huge amounts of exercise on a daily basis, which may be difficult to keep up long-term, simply add short walks to your routine or change driving somewhere local to a walk.
"By walking for five, ten or 15 minutes a day, you'll be able to lose eight pounds in a year without making any other changes," advised Ursula James, author and visiting teaching fellow at Oxford University Medical School.
Don't eat after 8pm
A really easy way to avoid putting on weight is to stop eating after 8pm.
Research suggests that the body is less capable of burning calories later in the day. This combined with the fact that we normally sit and relax in the evening, makes late night eating a bad idea.
If you get home late from work and are unable to avoid eating past that time, make sure the meal is a light one and that you have an afternoon snack to compensate.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy