Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Losing weight is a gradual process, experts have said
Despite popular belief, losing weight is not about quick, dramatic diets. In fact, yo-yo dieting has been proven to be both dangerous and ineffective.
"To keep weight off you must adopt a healthy diet that you can maintain long-term… you need to be thinking about a diet and healthy lifestyle that you can realistically continue permanently," explained Alison Wetton, founder and CEO of All About Weight.
Nutritionists advise a few simple life changes to help you lose weight and keep it off.
Plan your menu
One of the main pitfalls when it comes to putting on weight is eating on the go.
Not only is this more expensive, a lack of planning means that you'll go for quick and easy food which is often the unhealthiest.
Make a plan of your weekly meals, get the shop in, and then eating badly is simply off the cards!
Burning off more calories than you put in is the essence of dieting, making exercise absolutely vital in the weight loss process.
However, instead of indulging in huge amounts of exercise on a daily basis, which may be difficult to keep up long-term, simply add short walks to your routine or change driving somewhere local to a walk.
"By walking for five, ten or 15 minutes a day, you'll be able to lose eight pounds in a year without making any other changes," advised Ursula James, author and visiting teaching fellow at Oxford University Medical School.
Don't eat after 8pm
A really easy way to avoid putting on weight is to stop eating after 8pm.
Research suggests that the body is less capable of burning calories later in the day. This combined with the fact that we normally sit and relax in the evening, makes late night eating a bad idea.
If you get home late from work and are unable to avoid eating past that time, make sure the meal is a light one and that you have an afternoon snack to compensate.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.