Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Lovely ways to look after your lips!
Just like the skin on the rest of your face, it pays to give care to the skin on your lips.
After all, few would disagree that these provide a lovely and prominent feature of your face. And whether you have fuller lips that friends often comment on or finer lips that are a more subtle feature, one thing's for sure: People will be seeing this part of your body throughout the day.
The dreaded dryness
There really can be little more irritating in this life than having to deal with lips that are dry-ving you up the wall! It's one of those things that can really take the edge off the day, leaving you feel rotten.
It can make eating a pain, and leave you feeling like your lips are looking rubbish - the perfect way to sap confidence.
Lip dryness is a common problem, that for some can become worse in the winter. This chilly period of the year is just not very considerate when it comes to lips, often leading them to become dried out, rough and perhaps even sore.
So the winter period - a season a lot of us aren't big fans of at the best of times - is one when many of us will try to seek out a good balm to improve the situation.
If lip dryness is something you're facing, why not give a quality lip balm like our Hydrating balm a go?
This handy product can be used on lips as and when it's needed and contains fantastic shea butter, as well as amazing avocado oil. It offers you nourishment and hydration in a handbag friendly package!
Shea butter and avocado are also ingredients in our brilliant Anti-wrinkle lip balm. This also has rosehip seed oil, evening primrose oil and more, in a product aimed at keeping signs of aging at bay.
Scent plays a big part in our reaction to lip balm products, and it really does help if you love the smell of a product - either because it's subtle, or because it smells wonderful!
That joyful moment as you open your balm and take in the scent can be a really great part of using a balm - and one of the things that makes using them so fun!
Another brilliant thing about lip balms is the fact they're such affordable treats! Great as little gifts for your girl friends, they are also brilliant ways to treat yourself to something small that could really help your lips to feel better.
We think they're a brilliant product, and that if you bring out one of our Fushi varieties when you feel like your lips need help in future, friends are sure to want to know more about it!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks