Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Low energy density foods ’can aid weight loss’
We all know the importance of following a healthy diet full of fruit and veg and limiting our intake of chocolate, crisps and cake.
But even so, it can be disheartening stepping on those scales after a week or two of eating well only to find that the numbers haven't changed - or worse, you've actually put on weight.
You might wonder how this is possible as you resolve to bring back the jaffa cakes as soon as possible.
However, new research has insisted that the healthy living plans should stay in place, because consuming low energy density (ED) foods - or those that contain the least amount of calories - is linked to consistent weight loss.
A review published in the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics found sticking to a low ED diet can help adults, children and teenagers shed the excess pounds.
Lead investigator Rafael Perez-Escamilla of Yale University commented: "The conclusions reached in our review strengthen the recommendations in the Dietary Guidelines to consume such foods as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean animal protein sources, which are generally lower in ED, while lowering consumption of total fat, saturated fat, and added sugars, which increase ED of foods."
Meanwhile, acupuncturist and founder of Healingthewholeyou.co.uk Gerda Ankenbauer-Spetch has explained how eating healthy foods can limit the spread of cellulite.
She pointed out that in Chinese traditional medicine, 'orange peel' skin is seen as the stagnation of damp and fatty tissue.
"With regards to diet, patients are advised to avoid fatty foods and full-fat dairy produce, refined carbohydrates and sugary foods (honey is permitted) as well as raw and cold foods like salads," she said.
"There is also some evidence that caffeine can contribute to the formation of cellulite, hence coffee, tea and other caffeinated drinks should be avoided."
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy